ENOD 32 slow on network

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by kelddamsbo, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelddamsbo

kelddamsbo Registered Member

Hi,

I have just installed ESET on my Windows 2008 R2 x64 fileservers (Domaincontrollers) and on my Windows 7 x64 clients.
    ESET fullfill all my needs for settings and protection, but it makes network drives very slow, so slow that I often get timeout whan I save excel or word files. Is there something I can do ?

I dont have this problem with AVG, but I prefer ESET if I can bring it up in speed on network drives.

An additional question, it it possible to have password only on settings, and not on the installation of the client itself ?
    I use Group Policy for deploying ESET, but it is not possible to uninstall it this way because of the password.

2. tinzamin

tinzamin Registered Member

3. NodyNewbie

NodyNewbie Registered Member

We has the same issue on our windows storage server 2003. I had to turn off a bunch of settings before things ran better. Go into Real Time File Protection and take the check marks out of all the boxes in the "Scan on" option and turn off email protection as well.

4. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

5. kelddamsbo

Hi,

Thanks a lot Rmuffler, this link solved the problem.
    Do you have an updated list of folders on an Exchange Server 2010 to be excluded ?

6. kelddamsbo

By the way, you always show examples directly on the NOD32 interface, it is sometimes har to find the right setting in Policy Manager.

7. iternalnetworks

iternalnetworks Registered Member

I agree. Most knowledge base articles don't show where to find the right settings in ERAS Policy Manager. It would be great if the documentation was updated to reflect that.

Mike

8. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Thank you guys for the feedback. As we grow and look for more ways to provide support to our customer base input such as this helps us determine which improvements we should focus on. Our Knowledgebase team has brought the support page a long way and I will discuss adding content tailored for each of our different customer segments.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.