Enlarging Animated Gif`S

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Kas, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kas

Kas Registered Member

I discovered that we can enlarge animated gif`s online by entering this URL ;-

====> http://www.gifworks.com/

Just follow the simple instructions, upload the gif of your choice and enlarge it.

You choose the width and the height is automatically adjusted. Just be careful you do not over-enlarge as this will result in blurring.

Once the gif is enlarged to your satisfaction - save it in your selected file.

KAS

2. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

You could try the freeware GIF Resizer. It's a non-sophisticated little executable that is surprisingly good for when you have a need for this kind of play.

I also tried using some of the available online tools with some of my GIFs for comparaison sake and the resulting images were consistantly better looking (for similar resizing ratio), particularly when ticking the "Good quality" box in setting options. YMMV, but I think this little free tool deserves a try. It gives you a better tweaking control over the image resizing process. The online tools are more automated, but they also offer some nifty effects, like the "metallic" one i used for my avatar... And it's always possible to use a combinaison of both methods to multiply the toying possibilities!

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  3. PROROOTECT

PROROOTECT Registered Member

Yes Kas, with this GIFWorks/'Free Online GIF Tools' tab I made my avatar ... :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.