English version with dutch serial #

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Bart Hamer, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bart Hamer

Bart Hamer Registered Member

Recently I have purchased the dutch version of TrueImage 7.0 after evaluating the english trial version.
    While the trial version performed to my expectations I have lots of trouble with the dutch version, probably caused by the fact that the latter is an old build (563 or so).
    On the website of Easy Computing, the distributor of TI for The Netherlands, there are no updates available.
    I have downloaded the latest english build from the Acronis website (I don't really care which language the program is in) but it doesn't accept the serial number that came with my CD. A bit strange, because I could use it to register on the Acronis website.
    I have contacted the support desk of Easy Computing for updates, but I really don't want to depend on them in case of trouble.
    Where do I go from here?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2004
  2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Bart,

Write an e-mail to the Dutch support together with your code numbers. They will give you a link where to download the update.
    Succes,

Gerard

3. Bart Hamer

Thanks for the reply.
    I will send an additional e-mail to support.
    Do you happen to know if the latest dutch build is 613 as well?
    Thanks again.

4. gerardwil

Hi,

I run 611 with no probs at all, I think I keep it that way. But let me know how 613 does.
    Groet,

Gerard

5. gerardwil

I e-mailed the EC support guys, but no answer within the promised 48 hours. It seems difficult to provide that link.
    I wonder why there is no update link on their site. Oh well, version 8 is there. So maybe they are busy with translating that :rolleyes:

Gerard

6. Bart Hamer

I have just filled out another support form on the Easy Computing site, because I didn't receive a response after 72 hours.
    I am very, very disappointed that I have bought version 7.0 less than a week ago, it hasn't worked yet and version 8.0 is out now.
    For the update to that version they will want to charge me again, I'm afraid.
    :(

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Bart --

Actually, we provide a *free* upgrade to the customers who purchased the product within 30 days before the release of the new version. So you can request a free upgrade to Acronis True Image 8.0.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

8. Bart Hamer

Hello Anton,

Thanks for the reply.
    I'll send the request to Easy Computing as soon as they offer True Image 8.0.
    Wondering when that will be, though.
    Frankly, I really regret buying the Dutch version instead of the English one directly from your company. :(

9. Bart Hamer

Well, Easy Computing provided a link to the 613 build, which helped solving my problems. I am very happy with TI 7.0 now.
    However, they told me the Dutch version of TI 8.0 will be released no sooner than the end of this year, so I can forget about my free upgrade. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.