English translation of Magic Shield EQSecure V4 - Petition to EQSecure

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by neksus, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neksus

neksus Registered Member

This petition was originally conceived at https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=227359, and in an atempt to reach more people it's being pointed out in a new thread.

As it is known, EQSecure developer dropped support for English language in newer iterations of version 4, and after unsuccessful individual attempts of some wilders members to bring their attention to the matter, the idea was to start a petition as a final endeavor that should hopefully change the current state.

You can find the petition at:

http://www.petitiononline.com/eqsecure/petition.html

Kudos to all who already signed it, and appeal to others that are/were using this powerful HIPS to spare a moment and sign on - let it reflect the great support this software deservedly had at wilderssecurity.

2. Smiggy

Smiggy Registered Member

Signed!!

:thumb:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  3. bryanjoe

bryanjoe Registered Member

what's the purpose?
    objective met?

4. faterider

faterider Registered Member

Why humiliate so much for this? There are many free and good security apps these days. Even ver. 3.41 could last forever on XP.

5. Nizarawi

Nizarawi Registered Member

anay new ?

6. neksus

neksus Registered Member

Summarized reply was:

"a. Limited translation support
    b. Use google translation facility on the english.zip attachment to the document. Then install with the following steps:

1: eqs installed in the directory to create the directory "Lang"
    2: Copy english.zip to "Lang" directory
    3: Modify the registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EQSysSecure\Language" = English"

as already mentioned in
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=227359

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2008
  7. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I'm bound and determined to straighten the scribble out to a readable version of 4.1 no matter what. If possible i'll solicit a chinese computer programmer to take a look at this but in the meantime i'm exhausting a lot of time trying to reconstruct (if possible) this app to a more readable format.

Wish me luck and keep those fingers crossed they finally formulate the complete english version for us and not just bits and pieces like we're left with now.

EASTER

8. renegade08

renegade08 Registered Member

I've signed the petition too.

@ Easter

P.M. send

Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  9. neksus

neksus Registered Member

Easter,

I wish u tons of luck, but unfortunately it's damn obvious that without developer's active cooperation this painful process will have to be repeated every time they decide to make even the slightest change to the GUI, or maybe introduce some new feature...

And once again, kudos to all who took time to participate in the petition.

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I'm afraid you're right. I spent the entire last night till daybreak and exhaustion reviewing the hard code and oddly enough he started it out nicely in english and for some reason changed in mid-stream over to chinese character set which effectively distorts readability from there on out.

EASTER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.