Enemy for Life!

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by rodzilla, Feb 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

I bought a license for ZoneAlarm DataLock in December, but I was never able to download the program. (I have no trouble downloading anything else, so I think I can safely assume the problem is at ZoneAlarm's end.)

Several attempts to connect to "live chat" (apparently the only acceptable way to get support) failed, so I emailed customercare@zonealarm.com on 25 January with "I am unable to download the software and unable to "Live Chat" to find out how."

No reply!

A re-send on 29 January also produced no reply.

Yesterday I tried to get their attention by posting "Support ? WHAT support ? It SUCKS!" on http://forums.zonealarm.com.

Moderator response was to delete the post with "Thread deleted by fax. Reason: offtopic - support live chat can be reached 24h7days at www.zonealarm.com\support - all users here."

Still no reply from "support"!

I tried "live chat" again today ... same result: "It appears you are connected to the Internet, but you might want to try to reconnect to the Internet."

Marvelous!

Today I posted:
    =====
    Do you think I'd be complaining about lousy support reponse if I could access the "live chat" thing ?

Obviously I AM connected to the Internet or I would not be typing this here!

You have my money!

HOW ABOUT SOME SUPPORT ?!?!?!?!?!

(Arbitrarily deleting THIS post will NOT make me happy!)"
    =====

Still no repsonse from "support" ... and the moderator's response was to arbitrarily delete the post.

I've seen some less-than-worthless moderators in my lifetime, but this one has reached new nadirs of sheer stupidity! Oviously he/she is too idiotic to understand what customer service is all about and pass on the message to the appropriate people.

Now I will publish the story for the whole world to see ... everywhere I can!

2. Creer

Creer Registered Member

This is very strange.
    I've just tried to connect with their Live Chat
    -https://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/28464961/?cmd=file&file=visitorWantsToChat&site=28464961&SESSIONVAR!skill=Customer%20Service&imageUrl=https://server.iad.liveperson.net/hcp/Gallery/ChatButton-Gallery/English/Retail/3c/&referrer=http%3A//www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/support/zonealarm-service-support.htm

No problem here, I get my ID Ticket and my conversation with one of the ZA employee was started. So I don't know why it doesn't work for you o_O

3. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

No problems in download neither in support :doubt:

4. Creer

Creer Registered Member

I forgot mention that download of ZA DataLock also works for me.

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Indeed upsetting. Specially, having just one way to contact support. What if the person's day life doesn't allow to spend the needed time, until the issue is solved, with the support chat? A valid e-mail alternative must exist, in my honest opinion.

About their forum, they do state the following:

Source: -http://www.zonealarm.com/security/en-us/support/zonealarm-customer-service.htm

Not exactly a place where user can pose this sort of issue to ZoneAlarm support service, specifically. :(

Regarding your problem with their chat service, could some configuration, either in some security application or web browser be preventing a proper access to their chat? I wonder, because two users replied saying they got no issues.

Does it require cookies? Perhaps, third-party cookies? Or, have you tried cleaning cookies? Perhaps, have you also tried deleting the web browser history, cache?

Try that and see if it solves anything.

6. pajenn

pajenn Registered Member

I just downloaded DataLock from ZoneAlarm's site (from the already have a license link).

7. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I suspect the reason your posts are getting deleted is the approach and attitude.

Sure I know you are frustrated, but in essence you are taking it out on the people trying to help you. If I remember right, their forums are really in essence a user group type thing, not official support, so you are shouting in frustration at a group of people not officially responsible to try and help you. Won't work.

My advice, calm down, don't shout at them, no nasty subjects, just ask for help and you might be surprised.

8. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I agree with others that you may have your browser configured some way to prevent the live chat feed. It's a pop up so you have to allow it to do that and load. Maybe check your browser configuration to allow pop ups, or use a different browser to see if that helps? Where did you find the email address? If that is an official zonealarm help email then there is no excuse for them not responding, unless you were ranting pretty hard.

ZoneAlarm is not known for their quality customer support. I realize they have some fan boys that overlook all the misdeeds Checkpoint pulls from time to time. But, issues like yours is why many people simply choose to not do any business with ZoneAlarm or Checkpoint. They are a pretty horrid company. Of course, pretty much any large corporation, including any major security vendor, has upset customers in the past. ZoneAlarm seems to do it more often than most others, though.

9. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi dear Rod,

First of all: so good to hear from you again, dear old buddy !!!

I can feel your frustration. You know, in the old days I would have get you in contact with Rebeccah or Corey. Sadly, the days have changed.
    I'm afraid that now I cannot do more than saying to try to count until ten and again, and hoping that one of the above posts might help you.

In the meanwhile I am sending you my very best wishes,
    your old friend,
    Jan

10. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

PS: for those who do not know rodzilla:

He used to be the "enemy" for the "underground malware world" ;)

11. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

If you paid by credit card (very likely) I would suggest contacting the credit card co and tell them you never received the product you paid for. They will initiate an investigation and I bet the folks at ZA will pay attention when the credit card co contacts them. At worst you should get your money back unless ZA can demonstrate you were able to download the software.

12. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Is it inside info? :D

13. fax

fax Registered Member

That's correct Peter, thank you. :thumb:

The issue was likely very simple and easy to fix (linked to hosts file). A search on the forum would have also hinted to it. I perfectly understand the frustration of the OP. Unfortunately, the attitude was simply against forum rules aside of being unacceptably and untolerably rude. :)

In simple words... Politeness Costs Nothing and Gains Everything.

Cheers,
    Fax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.