Endless Reboot Loop

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v4 Beta Forum' started by stueycaster, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stueycaster

stueycaster Registered Member

I tried ESS v4 and the first time I rebooted the system it came to the XP screen then it rebooted again. It kept doing it over and over. I booted to safe mode then uninstalled it. Everything was fine after that.

I tried to find a thread about this but found none. Has anyone else run into this?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

There could be an incompatibility with another program on your computer.

You can download a copy of ESET SysInspector from ESET, create a log file and mail it to support@eset.sk for analysis by a support engineer, who can help determine if this is the case.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. stueycaster

I thought I'd wait a while before I tried it again. I was hoping for a new version. The installer had a different name so I thought I'd try again. It had the same problem I explained above.

I sent the SysInspector log to ESET like I was asked. They suggested I try to uninstall some of the other programs to see if it would work then. I uninstalled 3 programs that I had installed just about the time I tried v4 but nothing changed.

I wrote back and told them that Version 3 had been working correctly with all the programs they found in the SysInspector log. It seems to me that if everything is working right with v3 then the problem can't be in my computer. It must be in v4.

Am I the only one this has happened to. Please let me know if this has happened to you. Also I'm open to suggestions. I really want to stay right up to date with improvements.

4. SBMongoos

SBMongoos Registered Member

I had the same issue with V3 on two desktops. One is a brand new build!

5. stueycaster

Did you ever find out why?

6. SBMongoos

SBMongoos Registered Member

Never. Had sent Sysinspector logs and even tried routing it through Total Tech (reseller) and got no where. Bummer as I've been selling ESS to my clients to.

I don't belive it's the NIC driver as one PC used Intel and the other uses Realtek. Unless they have issues with Gigabyte drivers or it was the HP driver for the printer. Was the only thing I had installed outside of the drivers on the Gigabyte disc for the new machine.

7. stueycaster

I just installed the Windows 7 Beta and the ESS beta seems to be working just fine on it. Of course I don't have all the same programs on 7 that I have on XP.

8. stueycaster

I tried it on XP again. I disabled every other startup program with msconfig plus disabled auto log on plus uninstalled another program and it still won't boot with the ESS Beta installed. I guess I'll wait for the next version. I don't know what else to try. Like I said everything works fine with Version 3.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that i run Xp x64 Edition.

9. stueycaster

Now the RC1 is doing the same thing. Since Version 3 works good I'm not going to try any more with this thing at least til the next version comes out. It seems to me like it's not right to not be able to use the programs that work fine with Version 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.