Ending session prob. , I suspect SpywareTerminator or jv16powertools.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by alakazooo, Mar 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alakazooo

alakazooo Registered Member

Hi whoever can help me with his knowledge!

Recently I've add Spyware Terminator, SuperAntiSpyware, Comodo Firewall and jv16powertools.

First I install comodo and jv16 and ran it...everything was ok

Then I installed ST and SAS and ran them. Since i've done those actions when I close windows it ask me to end programs now, like when I prog is malfunctionning or don't respond anymore... It always ask me to close the same programs: NET-BroadcastEventWindow, AVGCC.exe(twice), Type32.exe(twice), Keyboard, KMW_run.exe then Explorer.exe and then windows can stop

Someone have any idea or any hint to give me?
    My restor points don't help anymore. I did a lot of restore and try to scan after. I've only been able to conclude that I suspect Spyware Terminator and jv16powertools. But I don't know if the SpywareTerminator experience wasn't teinted by earlier action, i've not been professional enought.

2. alakazooo

And I use Spybot Search&Destroy, Ad-Aware SE personal and AVG Free since I got the compu years ago

3. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I use them too (Spyware Terminator, SUPERAntiSpyware, Comodo Firewall Pro and jv16PowerTools) and don't have a single problem with them...

4. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Did you clean the registry with jv16?
    I also use ST, SAS, and Comodo (with Avast and a couple of others) with no problems.
    You could try merging the registry backup (restore the registry) if you did that, see if that helps.

5. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I use very safely together SSM, ST, plus SAS "WITH" guard enabled with no noticable impact on either resources or performance. XP Pro SP1

6. alakazooo

Re: Ending session prob. , I suspect jv16powertools.

ok, thanks a lot to healp me eleminate wrong path in the quest to find the source of my problem... by the way, none of you guys have ever saw a problem like that?!

Tarq57: yeah I cleaned the registry with jv16powertools... first of all, I tried to restore my registry with the files I found in C:progra^1/jv16powertools2006/Backups (I didn't knew how to be clear with english words) wich are named with numbers and letters (wich have nothing to do with the name jv16 ask me to put on every backups he make)

is there is a tool in jv16 to restore backups?

and does anyone know what's the keys in registry that have something to do with the closing session of windows?!

7. alakazooo

EASTER 2010: Does REGRUN is a nice (and better) regisrty cleaner than jv16powertools (registered) and regisrty First Aid (registred)?

...and free as all the tools you recommand as you said!...?

8. alakazooo

ow!

and I think that i've done few registry scans with jv16 with no prblems then once that happenend!

i'm in shame cuz I know that this non-scientific approach is dumb but I did it and now I need help, at least i'll learn with those errors...

pls help me even if i'm newb

9. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

alakazoo,
    a registry backup has the file extension".reg" without the quotes at the end.
    I haven't used jv16 for a while, and didn't use it much, but I think that the backups are where you think, in the program files for that program.

The numbers, if something like this "bkup20070312.reg" (could be different layout) refer to the program's labelling of the backup, if like this "{F3FE79329D2a77}" refer to the particular registry entry. And that is total magic and unknown to me, apart from the few I've actually used.
    If you see the former, ending in .reg, just try double clicking on the .reg entry, going from most recent to least recent, if you can tell, and restart in between until, hopefully, it's fixed.

As I say, this is entering the realm of magic to me, if someone knows better, or has a better way of explaining it, please post.

Your English is fine, and better than any of my other languages.:D

10. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I don't recommend REGRUN at all for registry cleaning. You have a platora of many selections that combined will pick up most of the entries that no longer have need for being there.

I use RegCleaner, jv16PowerTools, Eusing (another good one), and there are many others members here will offer that all do a good enough task. Main thing is make sure any of them offer a back-up before using in case a mistake disables a program or two. I also use RegSupreme Pro and RegScrub in addition to the above, after all that you can compact the registry with NTREGOPT which comes with the free ERUNT reg-backup program. I always notice an increase in performance after cleaning the reg. It works just like program files, the less bulkier the programs you remove the faster XP seems to be. That's been my experience anyway.

11. alakazooo

Ok thanks a lot Tarq57 and EASTER 2010!!

I've tried to restore the 2 lasts backups I suspected to be around when it all started, then I restarted compu, it only asked me to push ^End Now^ for 3 programs (it asked me for 10 usually) then i went back in jv16 and restored 1 more backups then I restarted compu and everything was fine!! finally

...then I was on my way to reinstall SAS and ST (wich were deleted by restore point) and I started by SuperAntiSpyware...then Magic every goes wrong again!...I tried to restore registry backups with jv16 (when you don't know a lot you barely thing that paranormal may occures in Computers) again but nothing to do... From now on i've to close those 10 progs before I can be sure that the closing process of window will finish (cuz if I only order my compu to close it will get stucked to the first prog it ask me to close)

I cant wait to read you guys if you have courage to continu to teach me!

12. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

OK, good. The registry editing appears to have been the problem.

What you try and do now is to get it back to where you had it before trying to re-install SAS and SpywareTerminator, that is, everything working fine.
    Then remove all traces of those two programs. Look in "control panel> add/remove programs" first. They may not be there, because the system restore might have removed the references. But if they are, uninstall them.
    Find the program files where they were. Delete those files. (Optional: Download http://www.ccleaner.com/ In "options" "advanced" select "prompt to back up for registry issues", untick everything else.In "cleaner" select everything under "windows" except "recycle bin" and any of the "advanced" boxes, except "old prefetch data". This can be cleaned once, but not too often. Under "applications" select anything you want cleaned up. I suggest NOT ticking microsoft management console. Run the cleaner. It will take half to two minutes, depending on how much junk there is, probably not much.
    Then click "issues", and "scan for issues". This is another reg. cleaner, very gentle. Fix them all, note where the backup will be saved. Restart.)
    (Optional again: Navigate to C:/Documents and settings/All users Windows and locate the folders for SpywareTerminator and SAS. Delete them. Restart.) Check everything is working. You may want to create a new restore point, here. Reinstall the SAS and ST programs, one at a time. Good luck!

13. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

RegCleaners are not foolproof and they do sometimes take a litle more than they should, aka reason for backups/restore.

So long as you have backups at the ready, as time-consuming and frustrating as that is, you can at least start over again.

RegCleaning is a chore, at times you need to sort thru a ton of entries and only remove those that you know are no longer referenced to some program you dismissed.

As good as they want them to be, reg cleaners can over due it and when that happens you have to spend a lot of time backtracking, but all in all at least you're not left helpless entirely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.