End Program When Turning Off My Computer??

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by sooflymami, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

Lately, when I turn off my computer, the end now thing comes up that says ATI Tray with the airplane logo on it and then the Diem thing comes up after that for the end program..and then it says the program is not responding and has the end now button. do you think its normal for that to happen?

2. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

I've had that problem, not with the ATI-tray icon, but with other apps. Check here for the info that helped me...

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

Sounds like a software shutdown problem. Unless you want to use a utility to control the shutdown process, I would try to close the application directly before logging off. Your problem could be with a video driver so you may not be able to turn it off manually. :doubt:

4. sooflymami

sooflymami Registered Member

why is it taking so long? this happened recently and it wasnt like this before

5. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

I also recommend the UPH program recommended above.
    Unless you need ATI to be running, you can disable it from starting.
    As to why, who knows?

6. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

If it is a recent occurrence, something in your system must have been changed (like a setting for file). if something hangs for more than several minutes, then usually it is an unresolvable shutdown issue and I would just manually shut it down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.