End of Firefox Support for Windows 2000

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by elapsed, Feb 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

"hate the system" lol. :) Yes, alternatives are a good thing.

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Thank you! Although it should have been evident :)

It's no point blaming companies and their greediness. Their publicists are everywhere, pushing sales in the name of modernity and security and trapping people into a world of proprietary formats. It's often our choice us to push back ... or not.

What really turns me off is the abundance of disguised "infomercials". I'd like to see the origin of the information or "advice" and how the giver will be benefited, stated upfront. This is standard practice in some financial matters in which the advisor has to make clear just how he will benefit if the advice is taken.

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Right, because innovation happens so often when war or profit isn't involved, right? :rolleyes: We've totally advanced so much in recent years all for the benefit of humanity, not profit. Damn these greedy corporations trying to milk us left, right and center, if only they gave something back to the world, like amazing software, new innovations, or maybe even just donations to charity? Nope, they do none of those, they just take our money and laugh! :rolleyes:

This thread has turned from praise to Mozilla for advancing with the times, into a FOSS hippie fest. I think the last time I felt like "hating the machine" I was 14 and rebelling, it's laughable, though it does remind me of this: -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ-

If a moderator feels like it, please close it.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Since you are the thread's starter, we'll abide by your request and close it. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.