End egui.exe

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by demonio, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demonio

demonio Registered Member

Very easy egui.exe end with a click...
    We must improve it !!!

Attached Files:

2. backspin

backspin Registered Member

Why? It's nothing but the gui (graphical user interface), so what?!

3. jackm

jackm Registered Member

egui.exe does not protect you from malware it is just the frontend.

But this works with administrator privileges:
    ESS disabled with two lines in a command prompt.

ESET will argue that ESS protects you by stopping malware before it gets into your system far enough to disable ESS.

4. sjgore

sjgore Registered Member

Once a burglar is in your house, they can disable the alarm, steal things, cause damage etc. If you prevent the burglar from getting in in the first place, they can't do any of the above.

This is also why leak tests are pointless. It's already too late! Although I suppose you could extend the analogy to tying up the burglar and waiting for the police to arrive. But you might get killed or injured in the process! Best to keep them out.

Steve.

5. jackm

jackm Registered Member

Unfortunately minority report style security does not exist. There is no panacea, good security is multi-dimensional.

BTW, in your analogy the burglar killed you because you didn't defend yourself. I'd rather my security went down swinging.

If the intruder (malware) was too stealthy (new/variant) for my security to detect (signatures/heuristics) until it was too late (PC is infected), I want my security to make sure it can't be disabled (self defense) so that the intruder is kept from escaping (firewall blocking outgoing attempts) with my things (confidential information etc.) or bringing it's mates over (more malware) until backup arrives (user/administrator).

Sure the malware may be sophisticated to stop all of that, but anything less sophisticated will be thwarted.

All it comes down to is how much security you want.

Why use malware protection anyway? Just never turn your PC on.

6. demonio

demonio Registered Member

Beagle has killed my nod32 v3...............

Attached Files:

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Kill it with 1)Gmer and 2)ESET's online scanner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.