Encryption or Locking ?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by datadata, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datadata

datadata Registered Member

Hello all ?

I can see that a lot of threads are out there speaking about good privacy software, and i see names like TrueCrypt , Free Hide ...

I use Folder Lock 5.7.9 and it has 3 ways to lock the "locker", i use the fastest one.

A lot of ppl are saying that Folder lock is useless and can be bypassed ! i add to that that it caused me some real problems with some systems like Blue screens and so, and when i read here i find ppl talking about Encryption and advanced stuff.

Is Folder lock using Encryption when hiding my large files in the "locker" and is there a program out there that can hide and prevent folders access without Encryption ?

Good somebody tell me the difference and what should i be looking for ?

Edit: (update) :

I tried TrueCrypttoday, it doesn't prevent the deletion of files or hiding them and i have to create large folders if i want to use it to encrypt large files later which will take space for no reason until that time !

I also tried Free Hide, i was able to bypass it with image browser !!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  2. AKA Tank

AKA Tank Registered Member

I use one that encrypts files and folders and stores them deep inside your computer. It is pretty fast and doesn't bog down when trying to start or shut down the program...some I have tried will take a while to encrypt and decrypt your files.

I found that I prefer to encrypt and hide than to have locks...just me, to each his own ya know?

If you are interested in checking it out since I saw you used TrueCrypt, etc. and might be looking for something else to check out, the software I use comes with a 15 day free trial....which is really what got me interested in giving it a test run.

They have a pretty good "Support" page which could answer your questions a lot better than I can.

PrivacyView Software

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.