Encryption Forum

Discussion in 'polls' started by Patrice, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hello everyone,

even tough my first suggestion of the router forum doesn't work that well (there are far too less people giving their opinion), I would like to start with another suggestion: an encryption forum.

I was often reading in the "privacy software", "privacy problems", "privacy general" and "other security issues" forums different threads about encryption. But actually no one was sure where to post his question exactly.

Wouldn't it make sense either to open a new forum in the section "privacy software and issues" or to rename an existing forum to "privacy software and encryption" for example. What do you think about this issue?

Let us also know if you are interested in encryption,... or not. Thanks for taking part in this poll! :D

Best regards,

Patrice

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

I have interest in encryption but I don't know how to use it or anything... I think it would be nice to encrypt my emails but I don't want to have to get the recipient set up with the same proggy I use to read them! Anyway it's not fair for me to vote because I don't really know enough.

3. meneer

meneer Registered Member

Patrice, be ware that the scope of such a forum could turn out to be very broad. There's cryptography and there's the use of it. The first alone might lead to neverending threads. Make sure this doesn't lead to discussions about algorythms and all kinds of scientific chit chat (I can't seem to find the correct word in english :oops: )
    If the appliance of cryptography is the subject, perhaps there's a case.

Do visit http://www.hazelager.net for forums on this topic and see if this is fitting for Wilders.

4. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Hi Meneer Koekelepeer! ;)

The link is not correct......

5. meneer

meneer Registered Member

:oops: :oops:

Now it is and right on target too:
    http://www.hazeleger.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

meneer is ok ;)

6. Patrice

Patrice Registered Member

Hi guys,

thanks for the link. Yeah, exactly something like that was in my mind! Doesn't look that bad over there!

Regards,

Patrice

7. Finn McCool

Finn McCool Registered Member

I'm the "perhaps" vote, but after checking the link, I don't think it's necessary here.

8. JayK

JayK Poster

I doubt the members here would be interested, It'sall very well to debate about the merits of aAV and AT proggies without any knowledge whatsoever of what is going on (any idiot can dowload some crap archive of malware and test), but it's a totally different matter with encryption.

Is someone going to do a big pissing match on how their encrytpion algo is better then another? I think not..not without a phd in math.

9. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

10. JayK

JayK Poster

Well that was only 2 pages worth? And just because some guy flaunted his ignorance by mixing up symmetric cypher key lengths and asymmetric cypher key lengths? :)

I don't really expect to see people discussing the merits of IDEA versus blowfish/twofish,AES, 3DES, etc. Most of us are not qualified anyway.

Not much of a big pissing fight..

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.