Encryption and LSP's

Discussion in 'Other Ghost Security Software' started by controler, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

"CryptoSuite uses RIJNDAEL, TWOFISH and RSA encryption algorithms with long key-lengths to make it impossible to brute-force your data. "

Sorry if I am asking the same questions here but I haven't been following the cryptosuite disscussion and didn't really see anything about this in the threads.

Since it is using three algorithms, when are they being used? I mean do you have a choice which is used or are different ones used at different times? Are they all 128 bit ?

Port Explorer uses LSP's. Does Cryptosuite use those also? "Intercepting data"
    And I may be wrong but Isn't LSP's best used at the Winsock 2 level?
    Which is the Windows NT inviourment.
    In other words, does Cryptosuite use LSP's to intercept the data and encrypt it before it enters and exits your computer ( Network )

Thanks

con

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Controler, CS uses the following in the encrypted messaging system (Chat):

Key Exchange: RSA Public Key (2048-bit)
    Encryption: TwoFish (256-bit) + Rijndael (256-bit)
    Authentication: SHA+HAVAL HMAC (256-bit)

Sorry I cannot answer your LSP questions as I am not sure if CS uases LSP at all but I am sure Jason will answer the next time he pops in :)

3. Jason_R0

Jason_R0 Developer

CryptoSuite does not use a LSP, it has no reason to :) . It is just standard Winsock 2 sockets based code in CryptoSuite in regards to the instant messaging.

256bit Rijndael AND 256bit Twofish are used together for file encryption, so you aren't just protected by one algorithm but two. In file encryption the contents are also compressed before encryption, so you basically end up with a file which is the same size as something produced by Winzip/Winrar but with some of the best protection available in the world.

-Jason-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.