Encrypt Emails

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by TerryWood, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryWood

TerryWood Registered Member

Hi All

Some help please?

I am looking for a realtively simple solution to encrypting emails. I do NOT want the cumbersome PGP Enigma solution.

I am using Thunderbird and I would like the software to be free, capable of sending encrypted attachments and or in the email. Password preferred to public or private key. Non install if possible. Able to be decrypted by recipients who do not have the same software installed.

ClipSecure I like it does not meet all the requirements, BUT it cannot overwrite the encrypted email page after decrypting.

Has anyone any ideas for a simple download meeting the above criteria (I know its a tall order)

Thank you

Terry

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

The big problem is, only public-private key encryption avoids you having to send a password in cleartext (or via another more secure method) - that's why PGP and GPG use it.

If simplicity is your main criteria, then perhaps using the AES encryption option available with archive software like WinZip (with a pre-agreed password) would be an adequate solution. Then you can just include everything (including putting your message in a .txt file) in an archive.

3. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  4. caspian

caspian Registered Member

Out of curiosity, I tried sending a small truecrypt file. It worked. I also tried splitting and with hjsplit and rejoining it. That also worked. I have truecrypt on a usb stick. I hear that you can create a volume that does not require truecrypt to be opened, but I am not sure about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.