Enabling SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by shirehill, May 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shirehill

shirehill Registered Member

Hi,

Just installed SpywareBlaster and reviewed all of the help documents. One quick question, do I have to enable SpywareBlaster after each reboot or does it automatically start itself with each reboot. Once I close it as the help document says, I not longer see it in the active task list. Does/is it part of another active task?

Thanks,

Tom

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

SpywareBlaster's protections come solely from settings it makes in the Windows registry, so it does not have to be left running in order to be effective. Once you've run SpywareBlaster and enabled all protections, you can close it (let it exit and leave it closed - not running) until the next time you run it in order to check for new definition updates. It is recommended to check for updates once per week. Otherwise, you don't need to have it running at all to be protected.

3. shirehill

Thanks. If I understand you correctly, because it has made Windows registery entries even after a reboot there is no need to restart it. These entries will activate it on the reboot.

Tom

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Right, when you reboot your PC the protections are still there. There's nothing else you need to do. (Though technically it's probably more accurate to say that the entries are still there after reboot, versus saying they activate on reboot, since there isn't anything that needs to start or run for these protections to be in place.)

In a way, it may be best to think of SpywareBlaster as a delivery mechanism for the protections Javacool is providing. Run the program and have it set the protections, then from that point the program is not needed - until you check for updates a week later, of course.

5. shirehill

Thanks very much for the replies. Have a great Holiday weekend.

Tom

6. BengalBob

BengalBob Registered Member

I understand that sb is working in the background, but every time I run sb and check for updates, the sb screen comes up and says 'please wait while data base is loading.' Is this normal?

7. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Yep - that is perfectly normal. That's SpywareBlaster itself loading the latest database and verifying all protection.

Best regards,

-Javacool

8. Anon.e.mouse

Anon.e.mouse Guest

Are there any command line switches to enable all protection?

9. MCT

MCT Registered Member

i dont think there are any yet, but if i recall correctly, javacool stated on another thread he was going 2 be working on a network version of spyware blaster that will encorporate switches

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.