Enable all protection but shows 209 items have protection disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ja2654, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ja2654

ja2654 Registered Member

Internet Explorer shows 209 items have protection disabled even though I selected Enable All Protection

Restricted sites shows 1892 items have protection disabled as well.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello and welcome to Wilders.

To help us out could u list your other security apps please?

snowbound

3. ja2654

ja2654 Registered Member

McAfee Viruscan
    Ad-Aware
    Spybot (but it doesn't work now which is a first)

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Just to make sure....is that all the Security\Privacy programs you have installed :doubt:

Also....the 209 items....are those un-checked items Internet Explorer Cookie protection entries ?

The reason I am double checking is because a program called Cookie Pal is known to cause this exact effect in regards to the 209 items and a program called IE-Spyad is known to cause this exact effect in regards to the 1892 Restricted Site entries.

5. drbillie

drbillie Registered Member

I recently got the same message. I updated to 3.5.1. Now it says for restricted site, I have 271 items have protection disabled. I checked list and they are unchecked. I checked them all, clicked protect against checked items, it takes about 3 minutes to run, and I get the same 271, and the items return unchecked again in bold red.

I have not changed any security program for 6-8 months.They are: Mcafee virus scan and firewall via aol, aol spyware protection, webroot spy sweeper, spybot, ad aware, microsoft antispyware, and cookie pal. I disabled one at a time and found the webroot spy sweeper caused the 271. With spy sweeper disabled spywareblaster works fine.

This is a recent change, they got along fine for the past year. Any ideas?
    Thanks

6. steveke

steveke Registered Member

Drbillie

I have had Spysweeper and Spywareblaster for a while and also had no problems until recently. However, I have resolved the immunize problem.

The problem is with Spysweeper's IE Security Shield(that is all you need to disable). There was a problem where this shield was forgetting what you had told it(rejecting instead of accepting as you told it). the upgrade was supposed to cure this. However, it still was there for me and then I discovered at a forum that if it was still a problem you had to uninstall-restart computer and then install and restart.

Now the problem with the immunize can come from one of 2 things-either the problem above or

When I was reinstallling a warning cameup about Spywareblaster trying to change security settings for "0190-dialers"-I allowed this as I realized spywareblaster was ADDING this to restricted sites. I might have not allowed this before and this might have been the immunize problem.

I can immunize fully now-if I disable IE security shield it goes faster,but it will still do it with the shield on.

I really did all that to get autoupdate to work-which now it does if I have restarted my computer before signing on-so I am getting closer.

Good luck with yours.

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

8. steveke

steveke Registered Member

In coming back here and rereading I see that drbillie also has cookie pal.

This thread(starting with Bubba's #3) talks about the cookie pal/spywareblaster conflict

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=83206

I guess cookiepal needs to be disabled while enabling Spywareblaster

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Edit
    Never mind....you deleted your post :ouch:

10. Wave

Wave Registered Member

This may be slightly off point, but I didn't see any mention in other threads. I'm experiencing a similar problem: CWS 1623 (toolbar money.biz) refuses to stay dead. Every time I start up my machine, I find that it has unchecked itself (in Restricted Sites), and sometimes does so during a session!

I'm running WinXP, Norton Internet Security, Ad-Aware SE, a-squared, Spybot S&D, BHO Demon, and Trend Micro AS 3.21. I also use CWShredder 2.19, TweakNow RegCleaner, ZData HD Cleaner, and occasionally DrvCareVista and Avast Cleaner (just 'cause you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you...).

I've learned to keep checking and enable the protection against the item, but it irks me nonetheless, especially since it is the only zombie in the list. Any ideas? o_O

11. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Would you mind assuring that Spywareblasters Restricted Sites protection is fully enabled. Then perform a scan with Trend Micro AS and see if the item in Spywareblaster is un-checked Please.

Also....does TM's scan report show the below reg key as needing removed ?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\toolbarmoney.biz

12. HuskieB

HuskieB Registered Member

Posted another thread, sorry. Having same problem. Running Windows XP Pro, Spybot S&D, EZ Antivirus 7.0.6.7, AdWare 6.0

13. Wave

Wave Registered Member

Yup, protection is enabled (although once again I had to manually enable protection for CWS 1623), and Trend Micro found no problems. The registry key does not exist, though. Some of the other toolbar.biz variants are present, but not all. Think I should add it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.