Emsisoft Emergency Kit 3.X Beta Released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by TheKid7, Oct 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

There has not yet been an announcement for the latest Emsisoft Emergency Kit Beta.

However, I have noticed today that the second part of the Malware Signature download process has the updates labeled differently. The scan engine version has not yet changed. Maybe the change in the labeling is in preparation for the release of the Beta version. I do not remember how many Malware Signatures there were before the update, but there are now about 8.5 million Malware Signatures.

Note: I have the Configuration Update Settings set to install Beta Updates.

Edit: I ran the update process a couple of more times over a period of a few minutes. The first run I got a very small amount of additional Malware Signatures. The second run I got the remaining updates for Emsisoft Emergency Kit 3.0.0.1. I am not sure if this is a BETA. The last Update Download had the Scanner listed as BETA, but Emsisoft Emergency Kit is showing version 3.0.0.1 without a BETA designation.

After the last update there are now 11.7 million Malware Signatures.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2012
  2. Thanks for the info, a really nice piece to have in the toolkit.

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

They probably jumped directly to the stable version since EEK is just a dumbed down EAM. :D
    Who knows.

4. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

5. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.