Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Austerity, Jan 10, 2015.

1. phyniks

phyniks Registered Member

I m sure it is a false positive

Restoring the program,EAM analysed Daum on execution and said it is safe!!!!

2. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

I have both Potplayer and EAM, didn't block for me.

3. Necropsie

Necropsie Registered Member

Ehm.. It is still possible to obtain those promo licences nowadays? I really want to use EAM but money is short right now.

Sigh i should have taken the 9 dollar promo back in the day..

4. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Have you tried to download and install the file? I use EMIS 9. I don't recall what the choices are, but when you install the download there are three choices. One of those choices is "Enter License Key." Not sure what thee other choices are. One must be "Buy License Key", leaving the possibility that the third is to "Evaluate." Dunno for sure. I just tried to "Install" EMIS to try to check for you, but I got "it's already installed" and not the standard installation screen.

5. Necropsie

Necropsie Registered Member

Wrong quote? I am not sure i understand what those got to do with promo licences.. Or, you need to explain it to me like i am five :)

6. hawki

hawki Registered Member

LOL. I realized my response was totally non-responsive after I posted it as it would at best give you a 30 day trial. Sorry .

I bought my license at the introductory rate. I have no doubt there will be some kind of temporary price break in the future.

7. tuvalu_tt

tuvalu_tt Registered Member

it's not that cheap, but you can save money when you buy EAM from http://store.downloadcrew.com/?act=search&brand=289
    Two EAM 9 deals there are 2 years, and price is same what Emsisoft own store ask when you buy only 1 year.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Back in the day when they were smaller, promos were quite frequent and prices were an ABSOLUTE STEAL.
    Nowadays its still very very cheap compared to others but quite more expensive than in the past. :D

9. anon

anon Registered Member

http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2015/02/06/emsisoft-emergency-kit-9-0-0-4700-released/

10. siketa

siketa Registered Member

anon, this is the topic about EAM, not EEK. ;)

11. anon

anon Registered Member

12. Austerity

Austerity Registered Member

I got a pretty good deal on EAM, and I'm a super cheap ***. Cheapest price by quite a bit I have found online. I wouldn't want to post the link here, because it wouldn't be allowed and would be uncouth and disrespectful to Emsisoft. It's a legitimate way of purchasing the product, in limited supply, that I doubt will last long. Cost me $15 for 3PC for a year. PM me for details.

13. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

Austerity,

Would you recommend running this alongside any other anti-virus program?

Tks for listening.

14. hawki

hawki Registered Member

EAM is an excellent product on it's own, but the Emisoft Employee responding to most questions on the EMIS Forum has said no issues running EMIS 9 (EAM+a firewall) with another security product.

Really no need for an additional product while running Eam. EMIS 9 detects PUPs , not sure if EAM does also - but I have run EMIS 9 with Malwarebytes Real Time with no issues. I stopped doing that only cuz I'm old school and still believe no matter the claim, running two real time anti-malware is not advisable. LOL I won't even install an anti-malware secondary on demand scanner if it also has the ability to do a real time scan. Perhaps an extreme antiquated view.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  15. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

Please show where this was stated.

16. hawki

hawki Registered Member

LMAO :) Ok I'll get right on it :)

ATM =your gonna have to rely on blind faith for that.

Not an easy search. Only search result I have found atm is by another Emisoft Employee and it is to the contrary, but I do have a good memory capacity and I know its been stated by Fabian.

Don't know if you posted while I was extending my original reply where I stated my personal opinion that it's never a good idea to run two real time products, despite claims of compatibility.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  17. hawki

hawki Registered Member

By "Emsisoft Support" of Emisoft Staff with 3,000 + posts There are two other Emisoft Employees that reply to all questions and they use "Real "Names. For example Fabian Wosar, Emisoft Employee with 3,800 Posts so "Emisoft Support" is also likely to be a single invidual that just chose "Emisoft Support" as his board name.

"There is no requirement to run extra security software with Emsisoft Anti-Malware. With two anti-virus engines and anti-virus databases, it tends to work very well on its own.

It is possible for another anti-virus or anti-malware program to detect something that Emsisoft Anti-Malware misses. It's one of those things where your mileage will more than likely vary.

I am not specifically aware of any security software that it isn't compatible with, however I should mention that it would be a bit redundant to install any security software from BitDefender alongside Emsisoft Anti-Malware since we use BitDefender's anti-virus engine and database in Emsisoft Anti-Malware. There may be occasional issues with a random anti-virus software, however those issues are usually limited, and adding exclusions to prevent them from monitoring each other generally resolves the issues.

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/14629-other-antivirus-software/

18. Charyb

Charyb Registered Member

Thanks, Hawki. This is really surprising news. It appears that GT500 is the employee who mentioned this. I wouldn't use more than one av.

Attached Files:

19. hawki

hawki Registered Member

YW Charyb :) Didn't see the name..

20. anon

anon Registered Member

=
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/antimalware/
    Frequent questions > Will it run on my PC? =
    It’s a popular myth that you shouldn’t run two antivirus programs at the same time. We have spent considerable time building Emsisoft Anti-Malware in a way that makes it compatible with almost all other antivirus programs!

21. nord1

nord1 Registered Member

I also ran MBAM Pro in real time with EAM, but with only 2 gigs of RAM, it was a bit much... less overhead is what I look for on this aging DELL D420 laptop. Thanks much for the info.

22. fax

fax Registered Member

Because it has been designed to run with other AVs like Webroot SA. Most other AVs companies don't test for conflicts or care about it, so... the default comes back (one and only one on access AVs). :)

23. tuvalu_tt

tuvalu_tt Registered Member

I run Emsisoft Anti-Malware with MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, only issue is that computer startup/boot time is little longer.
    on Win 8.1 64bit, 3GHz i5 (4th Generation), 8gigs RAM and
    on Win 7 64bit, 2,9GHz i3 (1st Generation), 6gigs RAM you don't notice it much, it's few seconds, but that's not bad.

Win XP 32bit, 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 4gigs RAM, computer is freezed 1 minute before you can do anything:) sometimes it feels longer, but i think its because you wait.
    if you remove other Anti-Malware, no matter which, issue is gone, but it's unsupported os, so 2x Anti-Malware is used.

ps: both Anti-Malwares are designed to run with other AV/AM,
    MalwareBytes AM needs other AV.
    Emsisoft AM does not, it works on it's own.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  24. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

Here is the thing: Strictly speaking EAM is compatible with most other products and they will just run fine alongside each other. In some cases exclusions are necessary to make things work, but those are relatively easy to add. The real question though is whether or not it makes sense to run more than one product at the same time. EAM has been a full AV for a very long time now and the majority of our users use it as such. We don't have any plans to intentionally break compatibility with other products, but if we find ourselves in a position where we have to decide whether to drop a feature or sacrifice compatibility to other AV products, we will most likely lean towards the later in future versions.

Also keep in mind that running EIS alongside any other AV or firewall is not supported at all.

25. hawki

hawki Registered Member

Hi Fabian :)

Good point.

BTW: Sorry for posting above that I had thought you were the author of the post I finally found respecting running EMIS 9 with another A/V :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.