Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by emsisoft, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siketa

siketa Registered Member

I'm talking about 1 PC-1 year licence.

2. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! I agree Siketa! How much effort does it take to implement a 1pc 1 license Offer. Now my take is from a Mktg...Revenue perspective...EAM...is a Respected Product...but as previously mentioned the competition for Mkt share is fierce...and the pricing is again in my opinion...not competitive...with other competitors offerings. I also understand EAM is trying to position itself as a Niche Provider of a Quality Product. But...they don't seem to be offering long time users...attractive renewal pricing...forcing the user to purchase from third party vendors. From my experience in Retail and Wholesale keep your existing Customer happy by providing meaningful discounts for renewals. With the weakening of currencies Worldwide...if I'm a Manufacturer I'll bend over backwards...in creating Loyalty to my Loyal Customer. And Security Software in my eyes is nothing more than a commodity...if your not providing value today...there might not be a tomorrow. Sincerely...Securon

3. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

My thinking also Securon. I could not have said it better. I will also be on the market to renew my two EAM license s in a few months and as much as I like the product, I will have to take
    the price in consideration.

4. itman

itman Registered Member

I found EAM 3 PC 1 yr. on Amazon for $20 w/free shipping. :)

5. Securon

Good Afternoon! I'll wait until the proverbial dust settles...and see if Emsisoft becomes competitive...and I'm interested in the Security Suite. Taking the Competitive Mkt into perspective...a 1pc license...should be no more than $39.95...and $29.95...for the Wilders members who took part as Beta Testers. I know Fabian...doesn't have the autonomy to structure pricing...but I suggest the pricing I'm presenting is fair and profitable for both Emsisoft and their Loyal Customer base. For what it's worth...here's hoping! Sincerely...Securon

6. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

We have always been selling 1pc 1year licenses and we still do, so I'm not really sure what this discussion really is about. On renewal though, if you have a 3pc license to renew, of course the renewal will also be bound to those 3. Our customer support can reduce the number of seats prior to renewal if you don't require that many anymore.

Beta testers who actively reported issues and helped us improving the product are eligible for a free license as usual.

Apart from that you may expect a special promo around v9 launch. :)

7. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

Many thanks :)

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahahaha it's all fine i was just sharing my thoughts on the subject since the discount i used to receive was lowered and someone else posted about it.
    Good news, i hope those discounts can be applied to my current licenses. :argh:

9. Securon

Good Morning! Christian... Many thanks for your prompt response and good news. Just to clarify...for those of us who have participated as beta testers...do we receive a 1yr extension on our existing license? And if I'm switching from EAM to EIS...do I have to contact Support...to notify them...and to make them aware of the fact that I want my license to cover 1 pc only? Now In my case I purchased from The Download Crew...does this fact exclude any Discounts being offered by Emsisoft. And being an active Beta Participant...am I Eligible for a one yr license for EIS? Sincerely...Securon

10. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

As written above, if you have actively reported issues during beta period (via our forum, email, etc.) just drop me a PM on our forum to get a key for EIS or a free renewal for your EAM key. That's the least we can do to say thank you to everyone who helped improving the final product. :)

11. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I feel I have supported the product over the years, by buying it. I have always tried to get a good price on single PC license. I have never signed up to beta test EAM, formally. I am already, involved with a number of betas, on an on going basis, e.g. WSA, SAPlus and VoodooShield. It would necessitate time, that I don't have to take on the challenge of another beta.

12. Securon

Good Morning! I just forwarded you an e-mail Christian for a License Key for EIS V9...many thanks. And not to state the obvious it's for 1pc...Sincerely...Securon

13. NSG001

NSG001 Registered Member

@emsisoft
    I really don't expect 'freebies' for trialing a piece of software, but it is very generous of you.
    But I'll more than happily top up my 3 pc license when the promotion/s begin, hopefully soon :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.