Emsisoft Anti-Malware 8.1 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by emsisoft, Aug 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

jmonge - I think I will just stick to the one they already have built into EAM for now. Nice option though to be able to add to it.

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Christian - Maybe an option to set which hosts list is primary so that combining would eliminate dups in one or the other depending which list you set as primary. I would prefer that EAM eliminates dups in list I import and keep those in the EAM list.

EDIT Also, if you have a separate list installed and running both will EAM update the built in host rules to add new bad IPs?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

yeah I think it is better with the default one :) thanks G1111:thumb: :thumb:

4. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Imported the hpHosts to Host Rules module. When hpHosts comes out with a new list can I import the one over the existing one?

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I uploaded a file (PUP) recently through EAM and it seems that you guys added the definition but when i scan the file manually it still doesn't detects it. o_O

6. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Did you:
    1) enable PUP detection; and
    2) change from 'Alert' to 'Block and quarantine' setting?

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

If im not mistaken i did enable PUP detection when i first installed it but is there any way i can check it again?
    My default PUP action is already set to Block, quarantine and notify but i cant find any option that says if PUP detection is enabled or not.

8. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

That is because there is no dedicated PUP option. All components will take your File Guard preference into account.

9. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Oh so its already enabled. :D
    Anyways, im still having the same issue. It seems that you guys added the definition for the file but if i manually scan it, EAM still does not detects it.

10. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

Try to disable the scan cache (Performance settings) and let me know if that makes a difference.

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I scanned half a dozen times with it enabled and disabled and it made no difference at all. I made sure to enable PUP detections in the Custom Scan options too.
    Scanning though the context menu didnt make any difference either.
    It still doesnt detects the file even though the definition seems to be there. :)

12. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Maybe this happens cause detected file is packed inside original one.
    It should be detected on-execute.

13. Ronin12

Ronin12 Registered Member

I have a question concerning the program settings. I have been trialing the program for a while and have had my license extended a few times due to signing other people up. I have followed the configuration advice given previously, and have selected the Guard setting "Scan only programs before they are executed" and I have also disabled the option to "Protect the PC even if no user is logged on". These choices stay until I reboot my machine. Then they always revert back to the default options.

The option in the General configuration area to "Activate memory usage optimization" does stay disabled which is the way I set it. Other options for updates and scheduled scans also stick. No other problems that I have experienced except for the minor issues of those two settings not sticking after restarting. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Please disregard. It seems to have started working properly as of Sunday. Very strange. I will just have to keep an eye on it.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  14. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Not sure if it would be detected on execute, not willing to even try that. Hahahaha
    The problem still happens, i'll just report it in the support forums later when i have time.

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

NooB are you going to upgrade to version 9 when it is out?by the way when is it going to be ready?do you you know?it will be a complete package no hips at all just the behabiour blocker :)

16. Noob

Noob Registered Member

As far as i know, there is no ETA as usual with Emsisoft releases.
    I do plan to switch to v9 when they launch it but i will have to disable the firewall in EIS or OA (Havent decided yet) since they are not made to work with each other and will keep OA for its HIPS features.

17. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Noob but do you think yhey will continue with updates/upgrades and continue developing online armor alone when they have some thing new to take care of of it?or will they loose interest in online armor down the road?

18. siketa

siketa Registered Member

They will maintain it as long as it sells.

19. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Fabian has said that as long as it pays for itself, they will develop it but the development has been quite slow in the 6 months or so because they have been working on EIS v9.

20. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Hi, Just making a post to re- establish myself on the thread.

21. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening! V9...Will be Sublime...Sublime...Sublime V9! Lol! Sincerely...Securon

22. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Excited? :D

23. darts

darts Registered Member

But when will it come out , i hope soon because i am also excited.

24. Fabian Wosar

Fabian Wosar Developer

I don't think it is in your or our best interest if we start to rush things. There are some huge internal changes in the upcoming product generation and we want to release a version that is as polished as we can make it. Also expect the first public test versions to be kind of shaky. We do a lot of testing and our team of voluntary testers are doing a phenomenal job ripping our testing builds apart. However, there are billions of different hardware and software configurations out there and some of them will definitely cause trouble at one point or another.

25. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Hehehehe.....ripping builds apart...... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.