Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0 released!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by operamail, Oct 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gugarci

gugarci Registered Member

For me also and that's why I'm asking how they can be eliminated without having to turn off Surf Protection.

2. ctrlaltdelete

ctrlaltdelete Registered Member

Clear temporary browser files and/or reboot.
    If everything in Surf Protection is set to "Block Silently" you should not see any Surf Protection popup. Unless there are custom Host Rules set to "Block and notify" or "Alert". Check the Host Rules and select "My own".

Tip:
    If you disabled all popups for the Surf Protection and can't connect to a website and think it might be blocked by EAM Surf Protection, take a look in the Guard logs.

3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Is everything set to block silently?
    It shouldn't really alert you if all options are set silently. :D

4. gugarci

I figured that last one on my own, but I'll try looking at the logs. Like I said changing everything to block silently made an a big improvement. But I still got some occasional pop ups. The problem is that if I ever install this software on our main desktop my wife and kids are going to be asking about the pop ups. Eventually they'll learn to ignore them, but they'll learn to ignore all of the Emsisoft warnings. And that's what worries me.

5. gugarci

Working much better now. I also turned off third parties cookies for Firefox and Chrome on this PC. I have them shut off on my main PC's but never turned them off in this desktop till today.

Also this might now be Emsisoft related, but has any one experienced any issues with their wireless network? My icon says I'm connected but I have to keep repairing my network too many times as of late for any pages too load. This old desktop now connect to the net wirelessly.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  6. markusg

markusg Registered Member

@gugarci
    are you getting alerts by emsisoft or is your problem fixed, if not can you post an exsample page?
    and, can you post your scan logs
    because of this post:
    to answer your question.
    i think emsi blogs most aktual malware.
    if you get not enough popups you can set it to paranoid.
    if you have problems with to many popups selekt comunety based reduktion, this option takes info from the emsisoft network and will create comunety based rooles for software, this means if 90 % blocking an program, it will automated create an block roole if you get in touch with this program.
    hope you understand :)

7. gugarci

No it's working much better now since I turned off the third parties cookies. Have not seen any pop ups yet today. Also I have the community based alert checked off. It was checked off in the default installation.

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Good to hear it's working properly!! :thumb:

9. gugarci

I take it that EAM & OA co-exist nicely. Also i read in another thread that you mention that both working together causes a slight lag on your system, how noticeable it is? I really like EAM and I'm leaning towards purchasing it, but i'm also considering getting it with OA. But I might install it on my laptop only. Our family desktop is using NOD and that has never failed us yet.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
  10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Well, when you install both there is no lag in everyday use (Gaming, browsing, productivity etc.) The thing is that during start ups in my case i do feel it lags a few seconds then it boots up nicely, so in short i don't feel any lag during usage but just during start up :D :thumb:

You can get some awesome discounts if you search enough, i got my bundle 1 Year EAM + OA for 9$ and a 3 license :thumb:
    Now with these discoutns i'll keep renewing them to have some uber discounts since every time you renew they give you a higher discount :D

11. gugarci

A start-up lag doesn't bother me as long it doesn't add minutes. Where do you look for discounts?

Thanks.

12. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Just PM me :D
    BTW, on a side note it seems that the uber discounts are not as "uber" as before xD

13. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

14. operamail

operamail Registered Member

Thanks for the update.

15. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi all

Final is out now

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0.0.49 released

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.0.0.49 released:

Surf protection speed improvements.
    Crash on system standby – fixed.
    Crashes submitted from reports – fixed.
    Slow start of GUI on Windows 7 x64 – fixed.
    System freeze/tray icon update animation loop – fixed.
    One more problem that may cause a delay on software startup fixed.
    Crash on service component restart – fixed.
    Communication problem of service with GUI components – fixed.
    Application rule submission bug fixed that caused a guard freeze problem with tooltip text ”’1 KB (100%) of 1 KB uploaded…’”.

http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2011/12/07/emsisoft-anti-malware-6-0-0-49-released/

http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/6649-emsisoft-anti-malware-60049-released/

http://www.emsisoft.de/de/software/download/

http://support.emsisoft.com/forum/23-changelogs/

16. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

In all my years of sampling various av solutions, I think that right now, with this latest version, Emsisoft is the best thing going. I have it on a Windows 7 64-bit Compaq along with Online Armor Premium, and it is simply outstanding, especially since they improved the scanning speed.

One question for anyone who knows. Is Online Armor ++ basically the same as the combination of Emsisoft Antimalware and Online Armor premium, or are they different? If they are different, how so?

17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

OA++ is the same as OA Premium + EAM bare engine. To be honest OA Premium + EAM is a more complete solution since you got a lot more granularity, and as of now ot seems Emsisoft will not continue to update OA++ but they will keep improvong OA as a separate product. :D

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  18. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

19. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

20. thanhtai2009

thanhtai2009 Registered Member

Emsisoft celebrates 8th anniversary – and reduces the price of Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Starting on December 10th 2011 when Emsisoft celebrates their 8th anniversary, the price of the company’s two major applications will be reduced for 8 days. The final price will be only $8 including all program and signature updates for one year.

The first program is Emsisoft Anti-Malware (normally priced at $40 for the one year version) which includes two combined anti-virus scanners and Emsisoft’s behavior blocker. The second program is the firewall Online Armor Premium (usually $30 a year) which protects computers from outside threats and allows secure online banking. Both programs are also available as a bundle under the name Emsisoft Internet Security Pack, for only $16.

---http://www.emsisoft.com/en/order/internetsecurity/

21. 1chaoticadult

1chaoticadult Registered Member

Re: Emsisoft celebrates 8th anniversary – and reduces the price of Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Ongoing discussion about this deal in this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=313907

22. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

The same was happening to me. I set all to 'Block Silently' but was still getting popup notices.

23. gugarci

Before it will fully block anything silently you have to clear your cache and your cookies. Since I've done this I have not seen any more pop ups. Initially I set it to block all silently without clearing my cache and cookies and I was getting pop ups. So clear your cache and cookies.

Emsisoft is working well on my PC's, in fact so well that I recently bought a 3-pack license for EAM & OA Premium.

24. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Which cache?

25. gugarci

You have to delete the cache and cookies for all browsers you use. If you set it to block silently without doing this it does not as well. I'm pretty sure I read this tip in the Emsisoft support forum. Anyway since I did this I have no more pop ups and I have EAM & OA running on 2 PC's.

Update:I was given the advise to clear the cache here, see post 202.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1982622&postcount=202

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.