Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by operamail, Oct 6, 2011.
Nice, it never stops developing!
Emsisoft Anti-Malware has come an long way, it is clean, effective, and has an nice user frendly interface.
It will take over the world man!
Build 44 is now Final
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 126.96.36.199 released:
Manually created host rule disappears from the list – fixed.
Framework module crash – fixed.
Stack overflow crash – fixed.
Code cleanup and internal improvements.
Incomplete uninstalling of drivers bug – fixed.
Internal service crash – fixed.
Crash in quarantine module – fixed.
Occasional crashes reported by users – fixed.
Import/export settings bug – fixed.
Localization reading bug – fixed.
majorgeeks has listed a free version?
EAM 6 look awsome, and im interested in buying 3 pc license, but before i must ask few questions.
1. What kind of BB does Emsisoft internet security pack has built in? is it the same as Mamutu, and if its not how strong it is?
2. Does the OA, which comes with the Emsisoft internet security pack, have HIPS? (im almost sure it does but just want to make sure) and does it lack anything comparing the famous OA ++?
3. Is anyone using Emsisoft internet security pack? is there any better comobo regarding Emsisoft products? will there conflicts running the OA HIPS along with the BB which is built in?
4. Is it heavy on the system? mind you i got powerful pc but i don't like any kind of slowdowns, or delays while openning browsers, files, bootup, programs installation, and even updates....does the removal of viruses/infections etc let you restore them from quarantine without much hassle?
5. And for the end, is there some promotion/discount code for WS users ?
1. The internet pack is just EAM and OA Bundle. Emsisoft Anti-Malware is mamutu with 2 scanning engines.
2. OA has HIPS in each version offered whether it is free, premium or the formerly offered OA++.
3. I've seen success with people running OA HIPS with EAM's BB but I would turn one off as it might cause slowdown.
4. I think thats dependent on your setup. When I using EAM v6 it is much lighter than it used to be. OA has always be light on my system.
5. I don't think there is, not sure though.
Thanks alot for you answer, cheers!
I use EAM v6 + OA Premium and it runs very smooth.
What you might notice is a slight slow down at boot up only But after that i can't feel anything.
You can use both if you want without any conflicts (Yeah i have everything enabled)
Nice to see all these improvements. I may try this out again soon!
Currently am wanting to try out the OA firewall. Any recommendations for settings on that Noob?
I think i have an issue here
a couple of days now my EAM freezes while updating!
i dont know what this is, hope you can help me?!
Well i would recommend to leave it at default since it would be less noisy. But i usually deactivate whitelists and set it all to manual.
Also you could activate the option to "Run Safer" unknown programs.
Hi Noob thanks. Would this be the case for the free version? Or are you speaking of the full version? I was going to just download the free one for now, but maybe I will grab the 30 day trial.
nobody have an answer what maybe is wrong?
Are you running any security software with EAM? It would help if you tell us about your setup.
No i have only EAM And OA installed
Could it be possible, that you have enabled the "Windows Defender"?
On my Laptop the Windows Defender doesn´t work very good with EAM together.... But you don´t need the WD if you got another AV. So disable the Windows Defender
yes windows defender was enabled
i have disabled WD
thanks for notice!
Lets see how it goes now
I let you know!
Ohhh, i was talking about the premium or "paid" version, i'm not sure which features the free one have or do not have.
I have the same issue: I use CIS 5.8, and I never had compatibility problems with EAM versions previous the 6.0
The "free" version is simply an (excellent and thorough) on demand scanner.
Hahaha now that's a bit too much
Ok guys, again me lol!
Few things are unclear to me....
Could i just use OA free and EAM (paid) and get same protection like EAM and OA premium or ++? i heard the ++ is no longer updated/improved.
EAM offer rootkit protection right?
what settings does advanced mode have? does it worth to upgrade the free version in order to unlock those settings? thanks in advance.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6 with Beta updates enabled:
Service shutdown crash – fixed.
Quarantine bug on locked files – fixed.
Saving host rules bug – fixed.
Quarantine rescan bug – fixed.
Saving settings bug – fixed.
Preparations for email scanning feature.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware, Emergency Kit, Commandline Scanner:
E2/IK engine improved 64bit PE-file detection.
E2/IK engine improved Bifrost detection.
E2/IK engine minor bugfixes.
any idea when the emergency kit will get the new engine and new interface?
Separate names with a comma.