Emsi and Tall Emu announce tech alliance

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by subset, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Agreed 100% Mamutu must survive at all costs,best BB by a country mile.:thumb:

2. nomarjr3

nomarjr3 Registered Member

How good is the detection of the Ikarus AV engine??
    Is it at least as good as AVG's?

I'm willing to test the new version of a-squared (I have to admit, I wasn't fond of the previous versions). But I fear it's AV engine might be inferior compared to other popular AV choices out there.

I just want to know the suggestions of those who've tried Emsi's product.
    Thanks.

3. Gren

Gren Registered Member

Was wondering the same myself. Am currently using OA paid for, A-squared anti-malware (with AV turned off - used the recent anniversary deal) and NOD32 2.7. My NOD32 subscription is about to expire and am unconvinced by recent versions so was considering the alternatives. Was wondering whether just the 2 products (joined into one or separately) would be as strong?

4. gery

gery Registered Member

Ikarus is a very good antivirus bt sometimes overloaded with false alrms so this is a current problem and overall is fine

5. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Yes,detection wise the 2 engines of A2AM are superb (over 2.8 million sigs.) but Ikarus does throw up a few FPs.However there's no problem as long as you check on anything flagged up.

6. BrendanK.

BrendanK. Guest

7. Leolas

Leolas Registered Member

Programs trusted by OA won't be checked by the AV, I think, and this will probably reduce FPs ;)

8. Coolio10

Coolio10 Registered Member

Ikarus has a detection rate as good as the big three (avira,kaspersky, norton), just more fps.

9. gery

gery Registered Member

i am having problems with both AVG and AVAST when i install this free version. Maybe the antivirus is the problem. When i uninstall A2 it goes back to normal. Any idea or similar experience

10. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

We certainly stand solid in unison as i'm sure others do also on this matter.

The reason for concern is that MAMUTU is now a proven leader, a P.U.R.E Behavioral Blocker unmatched in it's abilities.

The alliance will no doubt take time to determine just how well that this new meshing together will prove out to be. Positives come to mind. LoL

I can't help but be convinced however that based on experience with the addition of also MAMUTU within this alliance, it can't help but even better set up an extremely formidable buttress perhaps totally unmatched as never before seen or experienced in an overall protection ring against anything or better yet PREVENTION.

EASTER

11. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

EASTER, don't worry. We have absolutely no plans to drop Mamutu at all. :)

The tech alliance is about sharing knowledge to improve the products on both sides. Additionally to that, Emsi Software is the official representative for Online Armor in German speaking regions now. It's hard for non German companies to be recognized by German press and IT magazines.

But again, it's not any kind of company or product merger.

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

that's good news to heard:thumb: in this forum we love Mamutu;)

13. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

yes we do, i love mamutu :D

14. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

emsisoft

Thansk for that note of confidence. You run an absolutely MARATHON product line stretching all the way back as far as i can remember to Windows 98SE, and i never had a single issue with anything A2Squared, ASquared period, so your words and statements carry a ton of good credit here.

We finally, after a very long time got a really reliable, dependable, and decent Behavioral Blocker without issue or problem and we hope to keep on using it for a long time to come, so thanks again for confirming Mamutu stays!

EASTER

15. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Oh,

Imagine OA Squared V5 (you have to synchronise version names so OA will skip one version).

You can chose to either run the classical way to be alerted when new code runs on your PC or chose the new mode RUN SMARTER

Basically RUN SMARTER provides the following options
    a) unknow programs run by default in the RUN SAFER mode (mimimal rights policy)
    b) the behaviour blocker intelligence of Mamutu is used to deal with all intrusions in the user space environment
    c) when a rights elevation is asked by the executable, OA2 checks how the user wants to deal with this (preset during installation)
    1) secure mode = provide user with OA's classical HIPS messages or
    2) guarded mode = let the behavioral blocker deal with it in intelligent false reduction mode of Mamuto, with this difference, OA's classical HIPS engine is used, only temporary rules are generated with a allow once. Each rule has an intrusion severity (say 10, 24 or 44 = a double digit weighting value), when a preset maximum of intrusion severity points is collected OR a known behaviour pattern of Mamutu is found (the ThreatFire and Sana deal with it) an heuristics pop-up will occur.

Off course every unknown code will cause a AV data base check before the above sequence of events occures to filter out known bad guys and make the AV engien really efficient (only check the blacklist when it is not in the white list)

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.