Empty snapshot

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by nixie21, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

Because I am LAZY, can someone explain what this is?

THanks

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Bascially it is indeed an empty snapshot where you can do a fresh install of Windows. If you play with this heed carefully the warning about not formating the drive.

Pete

3. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

4. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Empty snapshots are awesome. I made one the other day, booted to it and installed windows 2003 on it. Now i can boot into either xp or 2003 quick and easy. Simply amazing stuff!

5. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

Thanks...will need to play with this one...

6. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

This program has to go down as one if not THE most exciting i ever experienced myself. As been mentioned times before it's practically limitless with your imagination to what you can do.
    I still can't get over it. :eek: Since i do quite a lot of daily multi-tasking between customizing windows XP to malware research or whether it be local programming projects that i always enjoy working with, this FD-ISR now affords me all the opportunity anyone ever needs to accomplish multiple tasks with greatly reduced time spent doing them. You can easily and confidently switch from one snap to another (depending on how many you prefer LoL) and thanks to the ARCHIVE feature (provided you have ample space for some), i can work or edit or even test programs and not suffer the age old fate of being left confined to frustration when something goes wrong no matter what. That's plenty enough right there to be excited about but as most already know it goes much farther then just that even.

Thnx nixie21 for your topic, since i am also new to this fantastic program, your questions and the resulting discussion which always follow them have broadened my own horizons here, and while there is still more to learn about FD-ISR i feel like this is a turning point to both a better computer system as well as a whole new platform to work on which is totally unchained from the limitations we all been forced to accept in the past.

7. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

An empty snapshot is the only function of FDISR, I never tried for real, because I'm not interested in other Operating Systems, than winXPproSP2, not even winVISTA.

8. Peter2150

Oh Erik. Give winVista a plunge. IT will give you another opportunity to do a restore.:D

9. flinchlock

flinchlock Registered Member

Hey, how about a poll!

Code:
    Will Erik install Vista so he can do a FD-ISR restore?

[ ] Yes
    [[B]X[/B]] No
    Mike

10. ErikAlbert

No chance, I know how it was, when I was an early user of Win2000pro, nothing but trouble. I wait at least 5 years with winVISTA. It's not even an improvement for me and gadgetry doesn't attract me.
    Transparent windows : what an original invention. :rolleyes:

11. Peter2150

Ah Erik you really don't understand. They aren't only transparent, but the fold smoothly out of the way.:D :D

12. ErikAlbert

LOL. I guess my problem is that I grew up on mainframe terminals and those terminals are very sober and have only a keyboard.
    In the beginning I couldn't even get used to a mouse, which was completely new to me. Of course after awhile I accepted the mouse, but I still have problems with gadgetry and special effects, they disturb me more than anything else.
    They look like a cartoon to me and I don't want that when I'm doing serious work. :)

13. Peter2150

Oh then you must really love the gizmo's and gadgets on the right side of the screen.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.