EMOTICONS

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by iojay, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iojay

iojay Registered Member

I think THESE emoticons are cool.
    Does anyone out there know how I can "get" to the Web site of the company providing this service?
    Also, if you know of any other sites providing emoticons that are EASY to use.
    I've "searched" and found a few but they seem too difficult to apply.
    Thanks.

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Hi,

Keep in mind that while we think of emoticons as more or less universal, the coding for them varies depending on the specific board software in use.

I'm also active with a large (63,000 members) neurology support board which uses UBB coding, and while the displayed results are just about the same as here, the coding is often different from the YaBB coding here.

Sometimes the differences are subtle, and sometimes drastically different -- there, for instance, the ones that show here as # 9 and 10 from the left are generated by ":confused:" and ":rolleyes:", respectively, rather than simple keyboard characters.

Best,
    Mike

P.S. -- The mods will no doubt move this since it's not really related to SB or SG -- bear with us, they do a great job of keeping the place neatly organized.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.