Emon 'Notification' Setup - double writing

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Chalawah, Dec 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chalawah

Chalawah Registered Member

Attention IMAP4 Protocol/Emon 'Notification' Setup

Hi,

I have been using NOD32 for a a couple of months now on my XP Home SP2 puter.

I cannot figure out why I am getting the following appended twice to emails I send...

__________ NOD32 EMON 1.1322 (20051214) information __________

The email was checked by the NOD32 antivirus system:
    email with subject a tester sig from nod dated 12/15/2005 8:40 - is OK
    email with subject a tester sig from nod dated 12/15/2005 8:40 - is OK​

I have the Emon Notification setup as per the .jpeg attachment on this post.

I think I have tried all the combinations of ticks in boxes? and alswys get a repeated line.

I use IMAP4 protocol for my emails.

Any clues?

Julien

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I think you have answered you own question. I believe it has to do with IMAP4, but anything further than this you will have to wait for someone else to comment...

Cheers :D

3. Chalawah

Hi Blackspear...I had a hunch it might be to do with IMAP4, hopefully someone will share their experience of IMAP4 and Emon Notification Setup...thanks for bumping the thread...

Julien

4. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi Julienfamilyman:

Have you tried changing the IMON setup to match the EMON (for testing purposes)?

5. Chalawah

Hi rumpstah,

This is how I have Imon setup....[see jpeg attached]

I see that Imon Setup is to do with POP3 protocol, when I am using IMAP4 protocol. I am not sure what IMON Setup means when it says 'checked email confirmations' and how this would affect Emon with IMAP4......[umm, not sure if I am making myself clear?]....like, I have Emon setup to append to outgoing emails, so I do not understand how IMON setup with the settings in the attached jpeg would cause the double writing.

Maybe it can be put more clearly?

Thanks for your time on this issue : )

Julien

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 15, 2005
  6. rumpstah

rumpstah Registered Member

Hi Julienfamilyman:

Do you have any other software that scans for Spam, etc.?

7. Chalawah

I don't use any spam filtering/scanning other than Outlook 2003s built in one. Other than that I use the following security layers:

A2 free, Adaware, Spybot, MSAS, TD3, TrojanHunter, Bazooka, Ewido free, PG, ZA Pro ​

Julien

8. ejr

ejr Registered Member

Curious about all those anti-trojan products. I run NOD32, A Firewall, a locked Host file, and Spybot. Do you feel I'm under protected?

9. Chalawah

Hi ejr...in reading very many forums and security articles it is a definate advantage to run a layered anti Trojan/anti spy/anti malware defence. I originally bought TD3, and still use it once a week using the final release of the updated signature [radius] file. As for Ewido, it certainly picks up tracking cookies that Spybot, Adaware, MSAS and A2 free miss. Bazooka has never detected anything yet, but it is small and incredibly quick. There are plenty of great reviews of these programs I use in various forums.

I do think that you do need more than just Spybot S+D, preferably two further programs...I'd recommend Adaware and Ewido [both free].

julien

10. Blackspear

Unprotected to do with Trojans, no, not at all. I would suggest running Ad-Aware (free) as well as SpywareBlaster (prevention is better than cure). Further setups can be seen HERE

Hope this helps...

11. ejr

ejr Registered Member

After getting feedback in here and in Castle Cops, I made a couple of changes. I now run:

NOD32
    Zone Alarm
    Spybot with the Tea Timer enabled
    Adaware
    Spyware Blaster
    MRU Blaster
    Locked MVPS Hosts file

Currently, I don't run a dedicated Trojan Program yet. I tried Ewido but it slows down my machine. I may try A-Squared next or maybe the Free Process Guard.

Thanks to all.

12. Blackspear

With your surfing habits that you have mentioned to me, I really don't think you need a Anti-Trojan as well, Nod32 will be more than suffice. Process Guard 3 would be a fine addition to your growing arsenal.

13. Chalawah

Attention IMAP4 Protocol Users - Emon 'Notification'

Actuallly ejr was asking if he was 'underprotected' not unprotected Blackspear.

Definately agree that prevention is better than cure - I omitted to include some of my layered security for prevention too:p SpywareBlaster, and the excellent Hostman using MVPS and Hphost host files. Process Guard, WormGuard and also Port Explorer. oh, and IESpyad

Bringing this thread back to the original topic....any IMAP4 Protocol users want to share their findings for Emon Notification Setup?

:)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.