Emon.dll

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by andrew@kornberg.co, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andrew@kornberg.co

andrew@kornberg.co Registered Member

Hi

I have been getting an error within Outlook 2003 with an Outlook error stating that emon.dll could not be loaded and a detect/repair may need to be performed. This is intermittent but when it happens, Outlook is not usable.

Has anyone solved this error? I have to turn off emon.dll when this happens,

Thanks

Andrew

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Try a repair first as Outlook suggests. You may need your Microsoft office cd's. If that does not work you could try an unistall/reinstall of NOD.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2006
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

There is an addon manager or something like this in the MS Outlook setup. Make sure EMON is actually enabled there.

4. Jeff Chan

Jeff Chan Registered Member

I was getting the same error but thought it had something to do with my switch to Win XP Pro 64-bit with my existing Outlook 2003. However, I ran scanpst.exe on the outlook.pst file and it corrected a number of errors in the file. Following this, I no longer get the emon.dll error message when I load Outlook.

5. justinwonono

justinwonono Registered Member

If running scanpst.exe doesn't work try creating a new pst file & importing old pst into the new. eg

1) locate pst file - default is "C:\Documents and Settings\yourusername\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst" or from within outlook click on the menubar "Tools".."Options".."MailSetup".."DataFiles", then click in the Current PersonalFolder to determine location.(Probably a good time to 'Compact' it as well)

2) Exit outlook

3) Rename the current pst file to something like OutlookBkup.pst (keep the pst extension)

4) Start Outlook, it will give a message saying pst file can't be found, click ok.

5) I think it will create a new blank personal folder by defualt...if not click File new. And if all is ok you should see the Nod menu (assuming the addin is still enabled)

6) Then Import Folders from the backedup pst file. ie click on "File" from the menu bar then "Import/Export"..."Import another program or file".."Personal Folder(.pst)" ..."Browse" to locate backup & select folders to import, keep repeating for each folder.

7) To be safe you could exit Outlook after importing each folder to isolate dud folder.

Note rules or address book will not be imported, they both need to exported first before creating the new file.

Hope this make sense & helps

Regards

Ps. and of course if this doesn't work exit outlook, del the newly created pst file & rename your backedup pst to its original name eg Outlook.pst

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.