Emisoft Anti Malware & Secunia PSI

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by AMD, Aug 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMD

AMD Registered Member

Hi, just wondering if EAM would be doubling up security measures already in place on my system or whether it would be complimenting my set up.

I am not liking Secunia PSI(V3) - I have update checker running but would like a secondary alternative/addition

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

2. If you already have AVAST then yes it would be doubling up. If you just have EAM then I think secunia PSI would be a nice addition. Infact I've got both running on my machine with no notable difference in performance. If you don't like secunia PSI then there is suMO but I'm not sure how good that updater software is, look in the other software and services for the thread about suMO.

3. AMD

AMD Registered Member

I would want to keep Avast but thought EAM might have offered additional protection but if they are likely to conflict then I wouldnt want that.

Online Armor Premium was another I was looking at too - presumably this would work as extra protection if only one firewall was active ?

4. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

EAM has two engines, a powerful bb,etc. It may be compatible but it is certainly not complementary to other AVs. You can add EAM free as on-demand scanner if you like to keep avast! But EAM paid is more than enough and imo stronger than avast!

5. Honestly you have enough right now, MBAM + Keyscrambler + SBXIE + Winpatrol is more than enough security. Don't over complicate things is my advice since you have a rock solid setup already.

I would grab the Emsisoft Emergency Kit or Comodo Cleaning Essentials and chuck it on a USB stick if you want extra protection. Both are updatable to the latest definitions and can be trusted to run well with your setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.