emisoft anti malware 5.0 released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by gazs1, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gazs1

gazs1 Registered Member

as title updated smoothly here and running great:D

2. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Re: emisoft anti mailware 5.0 released

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.0 Released ....

Great News.. "So its time to test the final release now..."

3. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Just got it a few minutes ago. :)

Attached Files:

4. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.0: The latest new features

Emsisoft Anti-Malware Version 5.0 incorporates major changes. The one that is most relevant to the user: The user interface has been greatly simplified. This allows PC beginners to immediately start working with the software because it is now much easier to use. The scanner has also been integrated into the main window and can now be started even faster than before. Emsisoft Anti-Malware is also very light on computer resources and now uses only about 20 MB RAM in normal guard operation.

Other new features:

• A new file guard:
      To ease the load on the system, the Anti-Malware background guard previously only started when files in the system were opened or executed. The new file guard in version 5 has been written anew from scratch and now also offers the optional ability to scan files immediately after downloading and when they are copied or moved.
    • Full support for Windows 7:
      Anti-Malware 5 offers full support for Windows 7, including new functions specific to Windows 7.
    • 100% x64 compatible:
      Anti-Malware 5.0 works equally well without limitations on both 32 and 64 bit systems. This makes Anti-Malware 5 one of the first "complete" behavior-blockers for x64 systems.
    • Extended behavior analysis:
      A new addition is recognition of manipulation of the system security policies. The false alert filter has been further refined and the design of the alert window has been optimized.
    • Improved self-protection:
      The self-protection in Anti-Malware 5 has been greatly optimized. This prevents Malware programs from changing or disabling the protection program.
    • Improved cleaning:
      The cleaning routines in the software have been greatly improved. This means that all Malware found by the program can also be reliably deleted.
    • New game mode:
      Users can now suppress all popups and alarms per mouse click if they wish to remain undisturbed during a game or while working with any other type of full-screen application.
    • No more need for registration when testing:
      Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5 can now be tested free of charge without prior registration.
    • New freeware mode:
      After a license or test period has expired, Anti-Malware 5 can still be used free of charge without the guard features. You are not compelled to purchase the product in order to test and clean your PC.
    • Hundreds of small improvements:
      Numerous features requested by the users, such as optional shutdown of the computer after completion of a scan or a new central whitelist, have been added during Beta testing.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.0 runs under Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. The full version costs US $40 for 1 year - including all signature and software updates. A 30-day test version is available free of charge.

Download

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.0 is updated via online-update automatically. Older versions need not to be uninstalled, you'll get the new version automatically. Within the Emsisoft technology guarantee all customers with a valid license get the new version for free. There is no need for a new purchase.

5. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

I just installed few days ago from softpedia a2AntiMalware5BetaSetup.exe. Do i have to remove it and install the final setup file from http://www.emsisoft.com?

As far as i can see the version number is the same as on the emsisoft page.

Edit: found the answer on emsisoft support forum...

Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.0 is updated via online-update automatically. Older versions need not to be uninstalled, you'll get the new version automatically.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  6. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Thanks Emsisoft

For average Wilders member setting the FileGuard to check only at doenloads/writes would be sufficient with the strong behavioral guard.

The previous surf guard was a bit noisy-trigger happy, is this also improved, matbe a sensitivity setting of the surfguard is a good idea (like IE has with its zone settings) with a clear description of the impact/consequences of the chosen sensitivity level

Regards Kees

7. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

@ Kees The Surf Guard appears unchanged from the last version.I'm not sure how you could lower the sensitivity without reducing effectiveness,after all a tracking host is a tracking host.You can of course just set it to block silently then set up a specific 'allow' in the Host rules if there's a particular site you need.

I've been running this since the first Beta and have to commend Emsi,unlike many other vendors,for taking their time to release a polished final version with all reported bugs fixed.Overall impression is this 'feels' really light on my system,no noticeable lag upon right-clicking folders or opening folders containing multiple files,even with the AV set to On-Access.However,like Kees says the old style on-Execution setting is perfectly adequate for most users,as long as you remember to scan any downloads before passing them on to someone.

The rarely mentioned,yet excellent Hijack-Free module is still in there too.Unlike the techie orientated Hijackthis,it has a simple colour-coding of active processes that all users should be able to understand.

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  8. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

We have made the surf protection more quiet by setting the default to "block with info" instead of "alert".

Means when a host is suspect, it is automatically blocked but you'll see a little notify box at the screen corner.

The host list was improved too.

9. andyman35

Emsisoft

I've noticed that the Behaviour Blocker is considerably quieter in it's initial phase than 4.5,can you give some details about the improvements there?

10. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

We have added some more false positive filter layers and fine tuned the triggers that cause alerts. E.g. digitally signed files of trusted vendors are rated 'safer' than non signed files.

11. andyman35

Well it certainly appears to be working well here.The only alerts I'm getting are for things that I'd expect to be alerted on,not everyday activities.:thumb:

12. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Will A-squared free also update to 5.0 with the built-in updater? Right now it only finds some signatures.

13. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

It would be nice if there would be automatic fullscreen detection instead of manually entering Game Mode.
    Or maybe there is ?

14. icr

icr Registered Member

Great news I will try it as I have the valid serial key;)

15. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

Can someone please explain to me what "Program is trying to download invisibly data from the internet" alert really means ?

For example I had this alert for utorrent , and I allowed it, but I don't really understand this one.

Thanks

16. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

No. a-squared Free 4.5 is untouched so far. It will not do a cross upgrade to Anti-Malware 5.0.

17. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

That type of alert comes when a program starts and downloads data from the web right before the user interface gets visible during load process.

Spyware usually runs without a visible window. If a program downloads data from web without user interaction, that's a good hint for spyware behavior.

If you know and trust the alerted program and have it started intentionally, everything is ok. Click "Allow behavior" and create a rule for it then.

18. AvinashR

Thanks for the clearance...I was about to ask this question. :)

BTW when will be the free version get updated?

19. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

Since the free functionality was added to the main product Anti-Malware, the a-squared Free development line will end soon. We'll convert it to a portable scanner with same functionality, but the new main free product will be Emsisoft Anti-Malware 5.0.

20. AvinashR

Okay, that means portable scanner will be of/from version 5...

How about Mamtu? When will you gonna start its beta testing? :)

21. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

What about performance as compared to v4.5
    Can i use v5 in 320 MB ram pc?? :D That's mine

22. AvinashR

I have tested Emsisoft's beta product and it takes about 35-40 megs in ma virtual machine. So i think it will work fine. :)

23. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

when i tried v4.5 it made some slowdowns. Thats y i asked. I want an answer from concerned person;) . Plz..

24. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

Soon. :)

25. AvinashR

Concerned person? He'll also tell you the same i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.