EMET and NIS 2013 Issues and Resolution

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by itman, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itman

itman Registered Member

First my config - WIN 7 SP1 and NIS 2013. I also have Zemana Antiloggger paid installed and will add a comment about that at the end of this post.

I installed EMET 3.5 about a week ago and immediately had slow boot issues with all the different configs. So I uninstalled EMET 3.5 and installed ver. 3.0. Same boot issues persisted.

Did some research and everything was pointing to NIS 2013 being the culprit. At this time, I had NIS 2013 boot protection set to normal. Setting boot protection to off improved things somewhat but I did not like the lack of protection. More research and found a posting in the Norton forums about setting boot protection to aggressive resolving a lot of boot conflicts with other startup software. Something along the lines that ccsvchst.exe and other realtime protections loading early plus this also allowed for earlier desktop initialization. Whalla:D that did it; no more boot hang ups. Go figure:rolleyes:

I have also seen evidence that NIS 2013 is interfering with Zemana Antilogger. So presently, I have also excluded EMET 3.0 and Zemana Antilogger from NIS 2013 realtime protections.

2. CrusherW9

CrusherW9 Registered Member

I was running NIS 2012 and EMET just fine. I had turned off everything but the firewall, antivirus, and I want to say the browser protection feature. EMET was DEHOP, ASLR, and DEP on max settings. So maybe it is just a 2013 thing or maybe it worked for me with only those settings on.

EDIT: I think I remember turning boot time protection off.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.