Email when a file-based backup is run (suite 10)

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by swerdna, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swerdna

swerdna Registered Member

Hi

I have Paragon Backup & Recovery Suite 10

I can configure Paragon to send an email correctly when a scheduled backup of a complete partition occurs. So the infrastructure is all working OK.

But I can't figure out how to send an email when a file-based backup occurs. Can you tell me how to configure to send an email when a file-based backup occurs?

Thanks
    swerdna

2. cjlindem

cjlindem Registered Member

I have the same issue. I am using Hard Disk Manager 2010 primarily to do scheduled full and incremental file backups. I need to receive email alerts about the status of these. However, in the large list of items to receive notifications about, file backup is not listed. Only "backup partition or disk". Is there an update that adds the feature I need?

Thanks,

3. russtebo

russtebo Registered Member

Similar issue here, except email is not working at all for any scheduled job.

I've been trying to use an email program that tech support provided me (Paragon Email Service) without any luck either.

What we need:
    1. Email settings that allow the use of different outgoing SMTP ports
    2. A functional "test settings" button that tells you if the message really was successful

Alternatively, how about a nicer backup report in HTML or XML. At least then I could just use Blat. Stubact.log is a disaster to look at.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.