Email scanner creating copies in Thunderbird

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by stolmannen, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stolmannen

stolmannen Registered Member

Background:
    I upgraded Thunderbird to v3, got the message that Eset email scanner plugin was disabled. Then I uninstalled Thunderbird 3 and installed v2 again because I like to have my mails scanned for infections.

Now I get 2 copies of every mail that arrives, and if I read an old mail it creates copies of that mail too. I know it's Nod that is the culprit because it has added the Nod signature at the end of the copies.

I have tried to disabe adding signatures to scanned, uninfected mail. No effect but the signature is not there on the copies.

Any idea of how to stop Nod from filling my inbox with redundant mails?

And the option to rescan mails is grayed out (in the Eset plugin menu). I Can't say if it's always been like that but I thought I'd mention it.

/cheers

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Couldn't it be that you use an IMAP account? In such case, it's likely that the original message could not be deleted on the server for some reason. Try setting email protection not to scan received but read messages.

3. stolmannen

stolmannen Registered Member

It's Thunderbird 3 that trashed my email settings. GG mozilla team.

4. rockshox

rockshox Registered Member

Make sure you are using NOD32 4.2.x as well. I believe Thunderbird 3 wasn't supported until the 4.2 variants.

5. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

I've had goofy issues with the Nod32 integration in Thunderbird if I'm using an old profile that was upgraded from v2. Made a new, clean Thunderbird profile in v3 and everything looks good again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.