Email Questions

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by williejr, May 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. williejr

williejr Registered Member

I am using the latest version of Nod32 Antivirus with Windows Mail and Vista. Just a couple of short questions--hope I haven't missed the answers in a previous post. 1. When I select rescan messages the only response I get is a flashing screen. There is no indication the scan is taking place or whether or not it was successful or if any issues were detected. The overview screen does show an increasing no. of scanned messages. 2. On the setup screen Microsoft Outlook is listed with several blocks pre-checked. Since I don't use Outlook is that normal, and should I uncheck the boxes? 3. On the Pop 3 screen I manually added winmail.exe, but it doesn't seem to make any difference in the email scanner. Should I leave the winmail.exe entry?

2. williejr

williejr Registered Member

Guess my questions were a bit too naive to be deserving of a response. Good thing I haven't purchased yet.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Selecting the re-scan email option, all email in inbox will be re-scanned for threats and spam (ESS). If a threat or spam is found, the action specified in the setup will be carried out.

You don't need to care about the settings if you don't use Outlook, disabling or enabling them won't make any difference.

If you receive email via POP3, it will be checked regardless of the mail client used. It works perfectly with default settings, you don't need to set up anything unless you've tempered with protocol traffic redirection settings (by default, all pop3/http traffic is redirected through ekrn so that it's scanned for threats).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.