Email protection re-enables itself

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by lllusion, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lllusion

lllusion Registered Member

According to https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1057508&postcount=2 the beta versions of ESS don't retain disabled module settings.

RC1 doesn't retain disable module settings either. :(
    The idea of an RC is to test the *actual* configuration of the program--including the ability to disable modules and retain those settings.

I want to disable the email protection and keep it that way. Even better would be to have the option to not even install that module. The less hooks in Outlook the better.

2. sjgore

sjgore Registered Member

I agree, having the option not to install the anti-spam component would be good.

I'm actually suprised that ESS contains an anti-spam component in the first place. Since ESS is a 'no fuss, no bloat' security suite and doesn't contain (quite rightly so) components such as parental control, ad filtering, pop-up blocking, information safes, etc. I'm suprised anti-spam made it into the suite. Firewall, anti-virus, and anti-spyware are the minimum. Anything 'naughty' coming through via e-mail will get picked up or blocked by one of these three anyway.

Sorry for the rant! :)

Steve.

3. lllusion

lllusion Registered Member

Note: the Antispam module can be disabled and it remains disabled in RC1. This is great, but I also want to disable (or better, not install) the entire Email protection sub-module within the "Antivirus and antispyware protection" module.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

But RC is still not final version ;)

Perhaps this will be present in the final version but I am not sure . By the way , I would also be glad if we can install ESS without e.g. the anti-spam module or without some other module (some kind of choice) :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.