Email protection re-enables itself

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by lllusion, Aug 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lllusion

lllusion Registered Member

OS= vista
    I disable the email protection, but when the OS restarts the email protection is enabled again. Am I missing something or is this a (known) bug?

2. lllusion

...and when I disable it it shows "malfunctioning". I'm pretty sure that the first time I disabled email protection it actually showed "disabled" (until the next computer restart of course). :(

3. OliverK

OliverK Registered Member

I have the same problem. I'm using Vista too. If I disable the spam filter from ESS and then remove the spam toolbar from Outlook, it just reappears then next time Outlook starts (but with the buttons greyed out because it's been disabled).
    It's damn annoying.
    Anyone know how to remove that toolbar permanently? ... without uninstalling ESS!

4. crummock

crummock Registered Member

Does this help:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1057508&postcount=2

5. lllusion

Thanks crummock.

1 Q & 1 comment:
    Q: Will we be able, as the post states, to choose not to install certain items or will will it merely be the ability to disable certain features? I'd prefre the former.

Cmt: I understand the logic to have all features enabled to increase the potential for finding bugs. However, later betas should allow disabling and selective install options so that we can test that those work too. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.