Email Problems after loading 5.0.94.0

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by fatprop, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatprop

fatprop Registered Member

Running 5.0.94.0 on a Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64 system, with Outlook 2010 (32 bit version).

I can't download any email with an attachment more than about 1MB - outlook just times out with an error. Shutting down protection lets me download everything.

Guys, with problems like this I think you should have kept the Beta label on this for some time. Not good enough for a major release, this is a fundamental problem.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

That's odd. I regularly download 10-20MB attachments with Microsoft Outlook 2010 (x86) under Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 x86 with no problem.

Can you tell us a little bit more about your mail and networking configuration? Perhaps there is something there that is a contributing factor.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Also what is the exact error message in Outlook

4. fatprop

fatprop Registered Member

Outlook error message below:

Task 'xxxxxxxxxxxx - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

After disabling protection & firewall, Outlook processes the download as normal (2 x 7mb attachments)

Networking configuration is quite standard, via wifi or wired connection to Modem/router. Email is hosted at a commercial hosting provider, and I have not had any previous issues with large attachments

5. automationstation

automationstation Registered Member

I am having the same problems on 2 client machines... any large attachments are blocked by ESET... if you turn off protection, Outlook 2007 can get the mail without issue. So I know ESET is controlling this.

Any suggestions on how to fix? If I turn off POP3 scanning it fixes the problem, but defeats my security.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What about increasing the timeout for server connections from 30 seconds to, let's say, 60 seconds in the Outlook account setup ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.