Email notification message in NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by orthoseeker, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orthoseeker

orthoseeker Guest

How do I change the email notification message NOD32 adds to email it scans?

2. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

I orthoseeker,

Open up the NOD Control Centre through the icon in your system tray.

In the left panel under "resident modules and filters" click on IMON. Then in the right panel click the Setup button. Now where it says Append notification to email, place a check in the circle beside "no notification". Click OK and that should do it.

Hope that helps,

snap

3. norky

norky Registered Member

if you meant you actualy wanted to change the message, i don't think you can.

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

whoops... :doubt: You might be right norky, maybe orthoseeker meant they wanted to change the words that append to the emails, rather than remove the actual notice that the email has been scanned.

I couldn't see anywhere in NOD's "Help" information where the wording could be changed though.

snap

5. pepito

pepito Registered Member

Speaking of email notification, how do you configure Nod32 to use an outgoing SMTP server that requires authentication ?

6. sir_carew

sir_carew Registered Member

Hi, NOD doesn't scan SMTP protocol yet.

7. pepito

pepito Registered Member

Hi sir_carew,

I believe you've misunderstood me :)

But I probably should have started a new thread rather than hijack this one :D

I meant those boxes in config where you tell NOD what SMTP server to use to send administrator (or whoever) an alarm/event notifications.
    [send notifications via SMTP]

If your SMTP server requires authentication (userid/password), as some of ours do, I cant see where you can enter that.

8. Zorba

Zorba Guest

Already asked this question of ESET. There are no plans at present to implement smtp notification with servers that require authentication i.e a password.

9. Tomas

Tomas Eset Staff Account

Hi

Actually, the SMTP authentication is implemented in the development version of NOD32 and it's currently tested. It should be included in next PCU.

Best Regards

Tomas, Eset

10. pepito

pepito Registered Member

Gracias mi amigo,

I assume the "U" in PCU stands for update or upgrade, and if so do these require a re-download of the program or do they come through in the normal way?

11. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

True. Can one assume that as long as they are using Hotmail (Microsoft), or an SMPT mail program from another reputable company (Yahoo), that these companies are scanning all incoming e-mail (into their server) for viri?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.