Email notification fails

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by comvision, Jun 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comvision

comvision Registered Member

All attempts to get email notification options to function have failed.

I'm using Windows 2000 server. I have confirmed the SMTP details but the 'test' feature always fails.

Are there any other requirements of the server. It is a standard PDC installation and there are no other applications apart from small apps such as Acrobat Reader, WinZip and so on.

We do have AdAware and McAfee installed but I have them on my workstation as well - where all email functionality works fine.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello comvision,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please know if your SMTP server does not required authorization a possible workaround is to use no user name and no password (leave these fields blank).

Please also try to put e-mail address in <> (e.g. <support@acronis.com>).

If the issue persists, please create a screen shot of the notification settings. Could you please clarify if you received error message when trying to send e-mail notification? If so, please also create a screen shot of this error message. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.