Email Notification (adding server name to email)-TI Server 8.0

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sixth, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sixth

sixth Registered Member

Hey guys,

I am hoping to get some help with a problem I am having with True Image 8.0 server edition, I currently have the EMAIL notifications enabled on all of my servers (100+), but the only problem is that the emails DO NOT display the server name. So when I get 100 servers successfully backed up and send out an email I get 100 of the same notifications and nothing that tells what server it is from. Each server (of course) has its own name, I would like to edit that email file if possible to include the server name in the subject line, can anyone tell me if this is possible?

Thanks!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sixth,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

I'm afraid that neither Acronis True Image 8.0 Server for Windows nor Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows has a capability of adding a computer specific information to the e-mail notification subject or text. However, we have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. The ability to customize e-mail notification subject or\and text will be implemented in the future versions of a particular product, but exact time frame for this is not decided yet.

If you want us to change the behaviour of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Contrary to what is stated above:

In version 9.1, the email indicates what computer it is from in the subject. (For certain)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2006
  4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sixth and beenthereb4,

beenthereb4, thank you for correcting my mistake. The point is that in the new 9.1 version an e-mail notification contains the computer name it was sent from in it's subject. However, there are still no any other possibilities to customize e-mail notifications.

sixth, please accept my apologies for misleading you. We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows to see how the software works on your computer. If you are satisfied with the work of the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows then please visit Acronis online store to purchase the upgrade.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. sixth

sixth Registered Member

Thanks for the help guys. To bad you cant modify the subject line of the emails, it would be really beneficial expically with that many servers. Upgrading right now to TI9 isnt really in the budget, sadly. It seems really stupid to have a email notification option if you cant select what to say in the email or any information on the server that is being backed up. No offense to Acronis, your product is great, but this is one little option that just makes me sit back and think, what were you thinking? 45 success emails but no information on what server? I wish there was a patch/modification that can be made to script/program to include the information in 8.0.

6. beenthereb4

Normally the hidden details (properties) of the email include the originating IP address. Assuming that your servers use static IPs as most do, it does not take much of a programmer to whip a little program up for you that will associate the email with the originating server.

7. sixth

sixth Registered Member

Thank you for the response! I am going to check into the emails more and talk one of the programmers here and see what they can do, do you have any programming knowledge off hand or know of anyone on the forums here that could maybe whip something up? Or programming department is on a pretty big project right now, and sadly programming is NOT my thing!

8. beenthereb4

I could program something for you, but it would be much cheaper to go with an in-house person.:D

9. sixth

sixth Registered Member

Haha sounds like I am going in house than! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.