email message logs

Discussion in 'Capsa Network Analyzer' started by WSMJ, Dec 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WSMJ

WSMJ Registered Member

Hi,
    I just using the full version of Capsa, and meet some problems.

Does the EMAIL MESSAGES section of the LOGS show me both incoming and outgoing email ?

There seems to be a discrepancy between the number of emails that my Barracuda Spam Firewall is logging and how many email the Cola soft product is logging.

2. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

WSMJ, I answer your questions separately.

Does the EMAIL MESSAGES section of the LOGS show me both incoming and outgoing email?

Yes. Capsa Logs can statistic standard email received and sent (received and sent based on POP3/SMTP protocol). Furthermore, please make sure install Capsa in the correct place. Please refer to <http://www.colasoft.com/support/installation/> for details.

There seems to be a discrepancy between the number of emails that my Barracuda Spam Firewall is logging and how many email the Cola soft product is logging.

This is also decided by your installation of Capsa. If you install Capsa behind the Firewall, you can not capture the traffic of spam, cause your Barracuda Spam Firewall has filtrated spam. Please send your Network Topology Map to support@colasoft.com if it is possible, and we will provide you some advise. Please indicate the place of Capsa and Barracuda Spam Firewall you installed in the map. Thank you!

3. WSMJ

WSMJ Registered Member

After reading your reply, I went back and investigated the settings. I know understand the discrepancy. I was looking at the LOGS and the quantity of emails was different than the barracuda and different then GRAPHS.

LOG files have a buffer of 2MB, whereas GRAPHS is not "buffer-based", it shows accumulated totals.

Thanks so much for your help. Your support is exemplary.

4. Colasoft Support

Colasoft Support Colasoft Moderator

That's all right, WSMJ.:D

I'm so pleased to hear that my advise is helpful and you have solved the problem. :cool: If you have any questions when you use our products, or if you have any suggestions about our products in the future, please feel free to make post here. That will be appreciate.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.