Email lockup in Outlook Express

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by CDreier, Dec 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDreier

CDreier Registered Member

I have a problem since installing ESS. Occasionally, the download of email will stop about 2/3 of the way through the first message. It's actually a lock-up. OE will then "time out" and I have to close the connection manually. The only way I seem to be able to clear it up is to go online to my earthlink account and read / delete the message there. My guess is it has to do with my ESS settings. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how have you fixed it? Thanks.

2. cdr

cdr Registered Member

I have had this happen a few times, and ultimately, after frantically clicking things, trying to get something to happen, Windows gives me the message that says OE has encountered a problem and needs to close!:eek: This is really annoying. I have noticed that when OE is receiving the e-mails, ESS puts each one, it seems, into a temporary anti-spam and anti-virus folder (you can actually see the folders appear for a short time). I guess ESS is checking each mail, and then when it's finished, it puts them into the normal inbox. I have noticed that if I double-click on an e-mail before ESS has finished processing it in these temporary folders, that's when OE locks up completely. Perhaps this is the same problem you are experiencing? It is, as I said, annoying, but I am finally learning to wait until after ESS's temporary folder processing has finished.

3. CDreier

CDreier Registered Member

Actually, its not exactly the same problem. I've disabled the anti-spam module for Outlook Express and no longer see the anti-virus and anti-spam folders to which you refer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.