Email for paypal....

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Less, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Less

Less Registered Member

hi all,

what email u use for registering paypal?
    ISP email? or free mail?

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

In my case, I just used my normal ISP POP addy. MY ISP (Execulink) has a good enough spam/virus filter/quarantine system that's it's very rare that anything gets through that I have to tell Thunderbird to treat as junk.

3. Less

Less Registered Member

hi thanks for your input...

cos abit worried if i link the paypal account to my credit card.... and using a free email like yahoo or gmail...

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I don't think there's a significant problem ... Paypal did have a bad rep at one time for poor security and privacy policies, but (IMHO) they've done a marvelous job of fixing things up since then.

I don't often use them, since the vast majority of my online purchases are from Amazon which uses its own (in-house, I think) service for credit cards, so I can't remember what info shows on the receipt Paypal sends you. I think I remember that they show just the first four and last four digits of your credit card, plus of course they make a point of always addressing you by your full name rather than "Dear customer" or equivalent.

My gut guess is that you'd probably be at greater risk from someone else using your computer than from intercepted emails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.