Email client and web browser settings

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by T-RHex, Mar 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-RHex

T-RHex Registered Member

I'm using v4.2.35 and am setting up the email clients and web browsers.

I have protocol filtering set to "applications marked as internet browsers and email clients" (instead of "ports and applications") because I want other apps controlled by my firewall and not by the NOD32 proxy.

1. Do I understand the setting properly? ie. if "ports and applications" is selected, then *any* application accessing port 80 would be scanned, even if it is not selected as a web browser? (ie. ports or applications)
    2. Should something like Thunderbird be checked in both categories?
    3. Should anything be checked in both categories, or is that undesirable?

I'm a little confused by the wording under "protocol filtering" and the "redirect traffic for checking for" options.

Thanks.
    tr

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

1, that's right
    2, if you don't want the POP3 communication routed through a local proxy in ekrn, feel free to exclude TB from POP3 checking and leave only integration with TB enabled. Emails will still be checked by the TB plugin for threats.

3. T-RHex

T-RHex Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response!

2: So you're saying if TB is not checked in "email clients" it will still be checked by the TB plugin, but not for POP3 (ie. IMAP only)?

Also, I had actually meant: what if TB was checked as both an email client and as a web browser?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.