EMail Archive - Latest True Image 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gmiller, Feb 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmiller

gmiller Registered Member

First of all, I downloaded the latest True Image 10.

I perform an "EMAIL" backup and my file size is only 40MB instead of 1GB (uncompressed).

I started poking around and doing some restore and it looks like it's NOT storing any of my attachments. Is there a setting I'm missing? I need the attachements to be saved with my emails.

Thanks,
    -G

2. janloef

janloef Registered Member

I have the same problem.
    When I did a restore to a new place I ended up with double e-mails in the original Outlook files.
    Thanks Acronis!! :mad: I had to buy a duplicate e-mail remover plugin to cleanup my mailbox.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello gmiller,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please clarify the e-mail client you use (Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 or Microsoft Outlook Express)?

Please also describe actions taken to create the backup archive step-by-step. Create a screen shots of your steps, if possible.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello janloef,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that we have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers and they have already been forwarded to our Development Team. Probably, the fix will be included into one of the next builds of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. We are really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If that function is still not working properly, it ought to be removed form the list of functions touted for ATI 10. When it actually works is when Acronis should claim it as one of the features. imo.

6. It'sme

It'sme Registered Member

Anyone have the latest on this? I presume we are still waiting for a fix (new build of TI10).

Just tested it all myself -

Windows 2000 Professional SP-4 fully patched
    MS Office Outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.8954)
    TI10 Home b4942

Create Backup>My Email>Microsoft Outlook>MyBackup.tib>Create a new full backup archive>Use default options> Operation Successfully completed.

Restore Data>MyBackup.tib>MyBackup.tib\Microsoft Outlook>Use default options>Overwrite existing file> Operation successfully completed

Checked inbox - all emails now duplicated (appear twice) :ouch:
    Checked Deleted Items Folder - all emails now duplicated (appear twice) :blink:

Definately not working as expected (or intended?) at least on my system.

Does anyone have this function working correctly and do we know if the problem is restricted to email backup ?

I'm worried whether it's going to restore my Music Files and Picture Files as duplicates!

A sad situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.