ekrn.exe

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Ghost Riders, Jul 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghost Riders

Ghost Riders Registered Member

Hello Eset.

I just updated {Mon. 07/09/2K12} from ESET NOD32 (Did a complete uninstall via All Programs) to SMART SECURITY 5 (5.2.9.1) and when ever I attempt to do a "SMART SCAN" via "LOCAL DRIVES" it will only scan to 43% and lock-up.

I am getting a dialogue box stating: "The instruction at "0xee74a9ba" referenced memory at "0xee74a9ba." The memory could not be read.

I am also asked within the box if I want to [close] or to [end] (debug program) I always choose [close], and at this point I receive another dialogue box advising me: "You chose to end the non-responsive program ESET GUI.

Can someone "PLEASE", advise me why this is occurring and/or have a solution to resolving this issueo_O?

PC: Laptop

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I'd suggest generating a complete memory dump at the point when the error appears on the screen as per the instructions here and supplying it to Customer care for perusal.

4. Ghost Riders

Ghost Riders Registered Member

Hi dwomack,

I followed your instructions as per your request via the following KB Article: "Why is the Computer scan hanging? (5.x)".

I just finally finished doing a complete scan and the result is "AWESOME", as the there were not problems!!!!!!!!

I simply want to say "THANKS!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.