EKRN.EXE at 100% CPU usage Windows Live Mail

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by fabio7371, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fabio7371

fabio7371 Registered Member

For some reason NOD32 antivirus 3.0.566.0 is taking up 100% CPU usage when I use Windows Live Mail. The process EKRN.EXE is the problem.

I did not have that problem with NOD32 2.7.

Anyone else having a similar problem?

Fabio

2. Luminous

Luminous Registered Member

Yup, same issue.

Tried NOD32 2.5 out on a friends machine for ages. Loved it. On the basis of that I just purchased NOD32 for our network and its gone tits up :(

Ekrn.exe at 95% all the time. Still working out which process causes it to work this hard.

We need a bug fix

3. fabio7371

fabio7371 Registered Member

This might not be related, but after replacing NOD3.0 back to NOD2.7 although the EKRN.EXE at 100% went away I continue to have issues with WLM pegging the SYSTEM process at 100% for several minutes. After a few hours of troubleshooting (dont you love how computer waste your life) I discovered that it is the fact that I am logged in to WindowsLive in particular my hotmail account and it's address book. Once I logged out the WLM works fine albeit without an address book. I wonder now if NOD32 3.0 would work?

I tried several times to remove WLM and reinstall it without any change. This happened at the time I updated to NOD3.0 but at the same time Microsoft went from Beta to the official release of WLM.

Fabio

4. freesurfer

freesurfer Registered Member

If want to do some investigation and don't mind using some third-party software (Process Explorer from sysinternals), then let me know. There's a chance that Windows Live Mail or other program is/are continuously updating file(s) and ekrn.exe, in turn, countinuously scan those file(s).

Regards.

5. orderinchaos

orderinchaos Registered Member

Problem with high cpu usage of ekrn.exe also. Especially when doing file copies. Tried disabling a few options but no change. Problem goes away if I disable NOD32 totally.

6. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Update your version of NOD32 to the latest release and see if problem still persists.

7. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Did it persist for youo_O?

8. Bitten By C Bug

Bitten By C Bug Registered Member

I had exact same issue for months with wlm and found out that microsofts PROXY was culprit not nod 32... wlm comes with options or preinstalled program components.. check out ur add remove programs and uninstall windows live sign in assistant and problem should now be gone.. Hope this helps..Sure did for me.. Peace..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.