Einstaller - customizing server address?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by gmiossi, Jun 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmiossi

gmiossi Registered Member

Hi,

Is there any way to customize the address that gets embedded in einstaller? As it stands, nothing I do is changing the fact that einstaller is trying to contact hostname (of the server), but we're trying to run einstaller on another network from the one the server is on. Attaching all those various networks with VPN connections isn't an option, either. I *can* install the client with a custom cfg.xml present in the same directory to have the remote administrator address set automatically, but we'd very much like to have einstaller itself working for the purpose of easy emailing/insertion in login scripts/etc.

IE: I want an einstaller that tries to contact an external FQDN instead of a local host name for the purpose of downloading the full client. I don't mind it if it's a workaround, as far as changing some xml/reg settings or running some command line packaging tools (I haven't gotten that deep in terms of looking at how the package generator works).

Thanks,
    Graham
    SCS Service, Inc.

2. gmiossi

gmiossi Registered Member

Ahhh.. nevermind. I realized that I missed the part in the server install where the address set is used for remote client installs - oops :) I reinstalled and used a public IP and all is well now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.