Eicar test zips: Leave is only option?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by pyewhackett, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyewhackett

pyewhackett Registered Member

Hi all

After finding the forum today I've been playing around a bit trying out some of Blackspear's suggested settings and tweaking my profiles. :)

I downloaded three Eicar test files: the straight .com, the zip and the double-zip and tried scanning them one at a time from the context menu, with Action set to Prompt. I'm a bit puzzled by the results with the zips. . . Nod said the files could be deleted, but the only option it offered was Leave. If I change Action to Delete, it deletes them with no problem. Amon also offers to delete them.

Is this normal Nod behaviour with archives or have I got a wrong setting somewhere? I'm grateful for any pointers (especially a link if this has come up before :))

2. psych1610

psych1610 Registered Member

Redneckville, FL .. originally Newburgh, NY!!!!
    I know in the settings for AMON you can set it to clean automatically and not alert you of anything.

If you're talking about the nod32 on demand scanner, under the actions tab should be all the options you're looking for. I would look under the context menu profile, then the actions tab. Nod uses different profiles for different things, at least for scanning. I'm not sure of the defaults in the context menu profile but if you haven't changed that it could be one of the reasons.

psych1610

3. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

because it was a .zip file so nod32 didnt offer Delete option (on Prompt for default action) for safety reason only if you change default action into Delete then nod32 will delete it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.