EFSW deletes but doesn't quarantine?

Discussion in 'Other ESET Business Products' started by Geosoft, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

Hey All,

We are testing ESET File Security for Windows for the very first time to see if this is something we want to run on our file servers, and I'm noticing that while the Endpoint clients will delete and quarantine files, EFSW just deletes files.

This seems to be a very dangerous behaviour to have for a file server, especially if the file in question is a false positive hit. Is there some type of setting that I'm missing to quarantine files instead of deleting files altogether?

I did this test using the EICAR file.

2. DrewD

DrewD Eset Staff Account

ESET File Security automatically quarantines deleted files (if you have not cancelled this option in the alert window). If desired, you can quarantine any suspicious file manually by clicking the Quarantine... button. If this is the case, the original file is not removed from its original location. The context menu can also be used for this purpose – right-click in the Quarantine window and select Add...

3. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

I'm finding the opposite of this. The file is automatically deleted, but does not show up in the ESET Quaratine. I wish I knew why.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.