Eeye rolls out free PC security solution

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by lotuseclat79, Oct 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Re: Eeye folls out free PC security solution

Email sent. They ask you to fill in a few boxes of info and then send link.

A 26.7 MB D/L for those Dial-Uppers and Mobile Phone users on-the-fly like me.

Always up for conducting some severe technical scrutiny on new comm products like this. :shifty:

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: It is always thrilled to receive a news annoucing another free security app w/ exponential prospect rolling out. It looks like a firewall pro, feature-richer than ZA free. However one question remains; some viewers at other forum indicated it is still in beta, and not been disclosed yet by vendor. Is it so or noto_O?

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hi,

I gave it a try. I was expecting to edit the rules when I luanched programs which connected to the internet. Unluckily I launced LimeWire in stead of Internet Browser from the quick start. Next the rules came gushing in. For every external IP adress which connects to your shared drive an rule is created.

I could not find an allow all (inward connection) IP's. Because the rules kept on coming in an endless loop, I decided to shut off my PC.

On first looks it is more (what they call) an end point sort of network security application/network intrusion prevention application. Do not get confused, the same company has an application called end point also for the professional market.

For someone who wants to fiddle a lot with firewall settings it is problably a great ap. For me it demands to much user intervention.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.